CHAPTER 4 The Fallen Paradise

CARLINA heard noises from the hallway. Carlina went to his bedroom but no one was there. Then Carlina heard the noises again. The noises do not come from the master bedroom or Alessandro's bedroom, but it was from another room at the end of the hallway.

          " What is Alessandro is doing in there?"

As far as Carlina can remember, Alessandro only uses the master bedroom while the other room was always locked.

Carlina approaches the room at the end of the hallway. As Carlina stood only a few meters away from the door, the noises became clear. They are saying something but still, Carlina could not catch the words. Carlina walks closer and pressed one side of her ears on the door leaf.

The voices sounded far away but fortunately, Carlina could hear clearly everything that was being said.

          " Ales," I heard a female voice moaning followed by grunts.

          " Ales. Please," Carlina moans again, louder this time.

          " Wait," another voice reply. A male voice.

A voice that Carlina recognized dearly.

Carlina heard them again. The female voice is moaning louder and louder and some repetitive groans from the male followed.

At this moment, Carlina felt that Carlina was stabbed with a knife and twisted it deeper intentionally on her chest but at the same time, Carlina feels like her heart fell out of her chest and was shattered into a million pieces.

She should have expected this coming after what happened previously. A cheater always a cheater.

Tears threatened to fall on her cheeks. Carlina cupped her mouth to avoid any heartbreaking sound escaped.

But her heart – her heart is screaming painfully due to another betrayal. Her feet are stuck on the floor. She cannot move. It was like her body went numb.

Carlina doesn't know what to do. Does she walk away again or storm into the room and face it? She would prefer the first one for she doesn't want to see a sight that could permanently be painted in her mind forever and ruin her for any other person.

But, on one side of her mind tells her not to run again. Not this time, not anymore. She has to end this. Even though he has a special place in her life, in her heart, she doesn't want to be his stupid doll that would turn blind to his doings.

She takes a deep breath, blinking her tears away and trying to control her heart that is beating rapidly. She raises her shaking hand and twists the door opens. With a single click, the door squeak opens and from the little space, she can clearly see two people, male and female are naked under a duvet doing something anyone could have guessed what. They don't even realize the new presence in the room.

She opens the door wider and leans on the doorframe, crossing her arms on her chest watching them calmly. Although the exterior is the opposite of the interior the rage is no less — her heart is bleeding and her blood is boiling in rage.

So this was what he is doing all this time when they are apart.

She feels like the stupidest person on earth for believing him. All this time, she expected him to be different, the better ten percent among the rotten of a hundred percent, but look at what she got.

She wanted to scream and yell and go all crazy at them but she wouldn't, she won't let him have that privilege. It's really over now, they are over. She wasted her two years on him, that bastard