CHAPTER 8 Ghost

C A R L I N A sleeps so comfortably on the cloud-like bed. If she could, she would like to sleep all day and skip the fashion show. It's not the event itself is tiring, but the preparations needed before that.

" Get up! Get up!" Vanessa shouted, pacing back and forth in the hotel room, rummaging through her things.

Carlina ignored her and turned on the opposite side and placed a pillow on her ears. She took the duvet and cocooned​ herself in it.

So comfortable.

Suddenly, the cover got snatched, leaving her in the coldness of the air conditioner. She groaned and moving her hands around, reaching for the warm duvet.

Where is my warm blanket?! I want to sleep!

She gets up and goes to Vanessa's bed and slumped her body on the cloud-like mattress and grab the duvet to cover herself. It lasted for only a few seconds for the cover was taken away by Vanessa.

Carlina grumbles under her breath and sits up sleepily. She slowly opens her tired eyes and glances around the room.

Bupp!

Suddenly a soft cloudy pillow struck on her face waking her up and making her even more grumpy.

" Hey!" Carlina yelled angrily to the person who threw the pillow on her face.

" Get up, woman!" Vanessa's voice comes near her, and a palm of a hand gently slaps her face. Carlina hummed and fell back on the bed.

" Wake up and get ready! We have to be at the lobby in twenty minutes!" Vanessa shouted again, but this time her voice sounded far. Carlina still in her tired state when what Vanessa said rings in her mind.

She curses out loud and quickly got up from the bed and stumbles into the bathroom to take a quick shower. She doesn't have time.

After a quick bath, she puts on skinny jeans and a black loose tank top and ties her black middle length hair. She put on light make-up, which consists of a layer of make-up foundation, two coats of mascara, and matte nude lipstick. Simple. The makeup artists will cover it up to match the garments she will be displayed anyway.

They arrived at the venue on time- thank god- and start working. The show will be starting the evening when all the VIP guests arrived.

A few hours later, the hall is full of fashion critics, journalists, fashion addicts, and other big names in the fashion industry, even some scouts from modeling agencies. There are about one to two thousand people in the hall, not including the press.

Carlina is nervous. This event is her first big gig, and she is afraid that she might ruin her first international appearance in Westerners circle and where the big brands of clothing lines gathered.

The show starts as the emcee introduces the name of the clothing brand and the designer and some background stories. The first number of models have walked down the runway, and a few minutes after that will be her turn.

Carlina starts fidgeting and tapping her feet on the floor as she waits backstage for her turn. The makeup and the beautiful golden gown that was embroidered with crystals made her feel hot and stuffy.

Vanessa noticing those signs, approaches Carlina and smiles at her, comfortingly, " You will do great. Don't worry about it - you might be tripping on your gown, but you will be fine."

" Vanessa!" Carlina shrieked in panic. Vanessa has this amused glint in her eyes and laughs at Carlina's reaction.

How could she say that? What if I trip on the runway?! Oh god, it would be the most embarrassing thing that happened!

" Okay, okay, fine. I will not tease you anymore," Vanessa said as a teasing smile curved on her Asian pan face.

" You're so lucky that you get to finish first. I hate you," Carlina grumbles under her breath. The lines in front of her are decreasing while her nervousness keeps increasing.

Vanessa laughs again at her remarks. She should be motivating her instead of teasing her when she is at the edge of her doom.

" Oh, come on! Loosen up!" Vanessa giggles. " - you'll do just fine like usual. It's just like the regular event we were hired at but with more people."

It is easy to say for her. She has done modeling since at her young age while Carlina was just recently active for a couple of years. Vanessa is more experienced than her.

" Girl, it's almost your turn! Go!" she rushes me up and gives her a flying kiss since she can't kiss her cheek, or she will ruin the makeup.

Carlina takes a deep breath and walks forward to the runway. She smiled at her slightly before stepping on the stage.

The light focuses on Carlina as it reflects on the gems and crystal on the dress as it reflects the views and shimmering on the runway. The moment she starts to walk down the track, the nervousness that she felt fades and replaced by the air of confidence.

She smiles carelessly and twirls when she reaches at the front off the stage, just like what she practiced on the choreographed. After that, she turns around, showing the back of the dress and her the beautiful trails of the fabric.

When she walks back to backstage, immediately she squealed followed by Vanessa and hug her tightly.

" See, I told you. You can do it," Vanessa squeals again, and Catalina responds by laughing.

It was a fantastic night.

Thank god she didn't trip on her foot.

After the show is over, the guests and the models were invited to the hall across for after-party.

All the models change their outfit from the garments that they wore before for the runway. The change room is now busy with people running around picking up the place.

A few minutes after that, the place is quiet. Only a few people are in the room, including Carlina. She has some difficulties in taking off the dress.

" Cat, come on. The party is starting," Vanessa told her.

" No, I got to clean my makeup and my hair and change my outfit," Catalina said while searching for her makeup cleanser on the dressing table.

" Okay, see you at the party," Vanessa said before she left the changing room.

Carlina hummed as a reply. She is busy wiping her face with the makeup cleanser that she stole from the next dressing table beside her. She can't find her makeup cleanser.

" See you later, Miss Hammond!" Lucy, one of the backstage crews, the last people in the room beside her, just went out to the after-party on the other hall.

After she wipes off her makeup, she changed into a simple long sleeves evening dress that she brought earlier. The weather is cold in the city. It was nude in color with dark blue ombre at the bottom-the lower neckline to the upper chest decorated with see-through flowery lace studded with little diamonds.

Then she puts on a thin layer of foundation, a little bit of coral liquid blusher, a coat of mascara, and natural color of lipstick.

" Done," she remarked in her mind.

She is about to step out of the changing room when she remembers one thing. She forgot her purse.

" Where did I put it? " she grumbles under her breath, rummaging through her things searchings for the damn purse when she heard the door squeaked open.

" Yes, Vanessa. Just a second," she said aloud as he thought it was her friend. " I forgot where I put my purse. Did you-," she turns her back to face Vanessa, but the person she saw is not the one she expected.

The person is a ghost from her past.

Alessandro Marchesi, the one who broke her heart.