CHAPTER 9 Alina & Mr. Marchesi

THE FASHION SHOW ended with the designer of the clothing line comes out from the background giving the face to the name of the design collections.

Alessandro can't sit still. He is high in the anxiety of the fact that he just saw. His heart beating like the sound of a moving train on a railway.

" Is it really her? " his heart spoke. It was just overwhelming to see her after all these years. After she drove away from his apartment, he never saw her again. She just fades from the face of the earth, until now.

Without thinking any longer, he got up from his seat and went to the backstage. His eyes are wild searching for a particular face but none. Only the crews are left packing up all the equipment and props. No one dares to acknowledge him.

The man who escorted his mother and him walking passed in front of him. He looks like the one who runs the show here.

" Excuse me," he grabbed his attention, " where is the fitting room?" he asked politely.

The man was struck by his question, but he quickly covers his facade.

" May I know who are you looking for, sir?" the man asked back.

" Carlina Hammond," Alessandro stated.

The man nodded his head a few times, a surprising look plastered on his face.

" This way, sir," he walks ahead of Alessandro to another room gold labeled as DRESSING ROOM and left quickly.

Alessandro debates with himself if he should or should not walk into the room.

What is he going to say? " Hey, long time no see, can we catch up sometime?"

Yeah, maybe he even got a kiss or a slap for it if he is lucky.

Finally, he braced up himself and twisted the door handle. Instantly, his eyes fall on the back of a slim figure that is standing less than five-feet right in front of him.

" Yes, Vanessa. Just-," He listens to her soft voice talking.

Alessandro was stunned by the view in front of him. His Alina is there and is not just a figment of the imagination.

Alessandro watches her move from the reflection in the mirror. Carlina doesn't notice him yet, so he takes that time to capture her at the moment with his dark stormy eyes. Her long black hair, her big amber eyes, and the look of innocence on her face.

Then Alessandro notices that silence fills the room. He looks up and meets a pair of amber orbs that are focused on him. A look of horror crosses her face.

There were a few minutes of silence between them.

" Alina," Alessandro half whispers her name.

Controlling her expression, Carlina clears up her throat, breaking the trance that they are in. Alessandro blinked his eyes and cleared his throat, putting both of his hands in his pants pockets. Now that she noticed that he is wearing a neat black tuxedo with a matching black bow tie. The view is almost making her swoon. Almost.

God help her.

" Can I help you?" Carlina tries her best to look innocent and not gritting her teeth as she speaks to him.

Alessandro opens his mouth like a fish trying to make out words. What now, Alessandro?

" It's really you," he whispers in amaze. " Carlina, it's you," he sighs in relief, and a smile spread on his cheeks.

" Don't you remember me? It's Ales. Alessandro," he steps closer towards Carlina. His eyes are glinting with hopes.

" Uh . . . " Carlina raises her eyebrows in question.