CHAPTER 7 The Show Begins

The moment the plane touched the land with the pilot permissions, Alessandro unbuckles the safety belt and walks out of the flight and airport.

Alessandro quickly jumps in the limousine that has been readied for him at the private airport and ordered the chauffeur to drive him to his family-owned five – star hotel in the city.

About an hour later, the limousine stops, and a valet opens the door from the outside for Alessandro. He nods at the valet and the valet bows at him respectfully in recognition to the future heir of the Marchesi business empire.

After he retrieves his private suite key at the reception lobby, he takes an elevator to the highest level of the building. He scans the card in the verifier, and an automatic click can be heard when the door opens.

Now, he only has a few more hours before he has to get ready for the event that his mother arranged for him to attend.

The several ringing of his cellphone woke him up from his nap, and he notices that the sun is almost setting from the modern glass window.

He checked his cellphone and saw 15 missed calls from his mother. He curses loudly when he sees the time. He is late— and for this, he has to endure another free lecture from his mother.

He quickly dressed up in his suit, grabs his cellphone, and heads out of the private suite while tying his tie in a rush.

The moment he is out of the elevator in the lobby, he was attacked by his mother. His mother, Mrs. Paulina Marchesi, is wearing an evening blue dress matched by a suiting makeup and a tight bun, also with limited-edition Prada handbag on her arm, pearl necklace, Tiffany's earrings and a big diamond ring on her left finger.

A description of a woman of a prosperous society.

" Alessandro! Where were you?! I was waiting in the lobby for fifteen minutes!" Alessandro rolls his eyes upwards annoyingly by his mother exaggerations. " — and we are late. You know how I hate coming late to an event like this!" his mother rants fluently with a slight remain of an Italian accent. He barely even opens his mouth, spout off an excuse.

" Fabio! Start the limo. I don't want to waste any more time mixing with these commoners," his mother continues ordering the chauffeur that is loyally standing not far away from them as his mother looking distastefully at the people around them.

Alessandro notices how the people around are paying attention to them discreetly due to Mrs. Marchesi's loud voice in the lobby. He also sees Fabio's slightly annoyed expression. He shook his head internally by Mrs. Marchesi's attitude.

" Come on, mother. We have to go now. You don't want to be late, right?" Alessandro persuades in the same language, ashamed of being in the center of attention in the lobby.

" And how many times do I have to remind you to call me mamma? Mamma. MAMMA!" his mother starts again, correcting him.

Alessandro sighs tiredly.

" Do you not want me to be your mother, Alessandro?" his mother asked as she lowers her tone. Sadness painted on her face looking up at her son.

Oh, no. What now?

Alessandro almost smacks his forehead on the wall behind him at his mother's changing attitude. He is stunned by the softness in her tone that is laced with sadness and guilt in her eyes.

" No," he grunts lowly as he lowered his head like an infant when he is getting scolded by his mother.

" Then?" his mother urges.

" Yes, mamma," he sighs in defeat.

Instantly, a grin appeared on his mother's face, and she walks to a white limousine that is waiting for them in front of the entrance. He instantly he curses himself for falling to his mother's act, again.

This woman. No wonder why his father married her. They are a match made in heaven.

By a few minutes' drive from the hotel, they finally arrive at the venue of the event and the door is opened for them. Alessandro steps out of the car, and instantly camera flashes are directed to them. The clicking of the cameras is starting to annoy him with the buzzing of questions from the journalists.

Alessandro follows his mother's steps on the red carpet as they are being guarded by bodyguards to the main entrance. He looks around and notices there are many reporters and cameramen on the side of the inside of the hall waiting for the show to start.

A man holding a walkie-talkie with a clipboard on his hand approaches them.

"Mrs. Marchesi," the guy greets his mother then turns to him, "— Mr. Marchesi."

Alessandro smiles back at the guy.

" — my boss has assigned me to escort you to your seats. Please follow me," the guy motions for us to follow him to the VIP seat that is near the stage.

It is obviously a fashion show according to the decor, the stage, and the seating arrangements.

The audience settled down on to their respected seats a few minutes before the show began. The emcee comes out from the background and makes an introduction about the fashion line and the person behind all the masterpieces.

The lights dimming and focusing on the runway and the big neon letters above the stage: C A T H A N D E ' S

As the show starts, and models walkout from backstage in their unique garments.

I want to go back to the hotel and have some more sleep.

Alessandro sigh inwardly. He is not enjoying this as much as his mother. Her eyes stuck on the stage while most of the time, he is checking on his phone and replying to relevant emails.

Suddenly, on the stage among the figures, something — or someone catches his eyes.

Grey expressive eyes, long black hair, and full lips.

The gold dress hugging her top tightly as the lower half of the dress loosely trails behind her with diamonds glittering under the lights. Her face is full of confidence and painted with a natural look.

It's the girl that left him behind, Carlina Hammond.

...

Thank you for reading! Hit the star button and comment! ❤❤❤