.1

"morning slugger! i made pancakes, do you want chocolate or maple syrup?" squip called to jeremy as he heard the boy walk into the kitchen.

jeremy pondered for a second. "uh, chocolate! thank you, squip," jeremy said, sitting down and flattening his pastel blue shirt.

"so, son. anything you want to talk about? say, boys?" the squip asked, not subtle at all. jeremy laid his head down on the table as the pancakes were set down. squip was about to say something when jeremy spoke up.

"don't even get me started on this michael mell dude. he's so, just, ah!" jeremy yelled as he stuck a fork into his pancakes. "i don't ever talk to him, but it's weird, i feel like we should be best friends! ugh, i have such a huge crush on him it's insane, and i don't know what to do! seriously, i just now realized i was bi, and i'm already developing a crush on another person after christine! and she is gay so i don't have a very good track record with gaydars." jeremy rambled as squip smiled and sat down.

"look, son, i may not be fully capable of feeling lust, but i damn well know my adoptive son. you are a kind, wonderful boy! this 'michael' kid would be insane not to like you. trust me, i know people pretty well." he patted jeremy on the shoulder as jeremy took another bite, savoring the pancakes in his mouth before speaking again.

"i mean, he's just so cool! he wears a leather jacket and everything! and i don't even know if he likes boys!" jeremy fantasized about the boy. tall, muscular, popular. he imagined him running toward jeremy, arms open. the fantasy was about to go on when the doorbell rang. "I'LL GET IT!" jeremy shouted, racing toward the door. he could hear a faint laugh from squip.

jeremy opened the door quickly, revealing jake. "good morning heere household! ready to go?" jake ran a hand through his hair, holding his car keys in his other.

"yep! let's go!" jeremy said, walking back into the kitchen and grabbing his backpack. "bye squip, see you later. love you!" jeremy kissed squip on the cheek and ran back to jake, about leave when squip spoke up.

"wait! slugger here's your lunch!" squip met them in their foyer and handed jeremy his lunch. "have a good day at school, jeremy. go get that, er-" squip stopped when he looked up to jake, who then revealed his shirt that had the pansexual flag on it. "get that boy! and i charged your laptop last night because you fell asleep while doing homework, so that's in your bag. okay, i think you have everything! have a good day. love you!" squip kissed jeremy on the cheek.

"love you too!" jake and jeremy said at the same time, laughing at each other while walking to jake's car.

«time skip to school»

jeremy did his signature handshake with jake. "up up down down left right aye!" they shouted to each other at the same time, ending with finger guns. they laughed and waved goodbye to each other, both of them walking in different directions.

jeremy walked slowly to his locker, not wanting to be the first one in the classroom. he entered his combination and opened it, admiring the neatness of his locker. his books where neatly tucked in the corner, his notebooks on the bottom shelf, and his pencil case in the middle. jeremy's ocpd had always drove him to this.

"hey freak! what're you up to, just, freaking it up?" jeremy cringed at the word 'freak' being flung at him. though will's insults aren't very good, they still earned a laugh from his entourage. jeremy ignored will and continued grabbing his books and other items, until will grabbed him by the shoulder and spun him around. "hey faggot, you look at me when i'm talking to you!" will spat in his face.

jeremy was at a loss for words, he never knew what to do in these situations. the blood rose to his cheeks, a bad feeling settling into the bottom of jeremy's stomach. "oh! the freaks not gonna talk? well, if that's so, i'm not gonna talk with words, but with punches and kicks!" and with that, jeremy felt a sharp pain in his side where will had kneed him. jeremy groaned and tried to move, but will's strength kept him in place.