.5

«next school day»
«trigger warning-self harm mentions»

"so michael," jeremy said, "i just wanted to thank you."

michael cocked his head to the side. "for what?"

"for punching will for me. lord knows i've never thrown a punch, let alone beat someone up. so thank you for being there for me when no one else would." jeremy hugged michael tightly.

michael was taken aback slightly, but hugged back. "two things. one, it's my pleasure. two, you've never thrown a punch? not even once?"

jeremy chuckled at michael's seriousness, "no, not even once. i'm actually not quite sure i know how to even throw a punch." michael gasped and released from the hug.

"what?" he exclaimed. "that's it, after detention we're going back to your place and i'm gonna give you boxing lessons," michael said affirmatively.

jeremy did like the idea of michael coming over everyday, but didn't like the idea of possibly disappointing him through the lessons. "f-for how long, do you think?"

"until you can throw a better punch than me." michael crossed his arms and smirked. jeremy swallowed hard.

"o-okay, that'll be cool! i can be like those guys in fight club! except, you know, less insanity and less death." jeremy giggled at his own joke.

"yeah! it'll be fun. i'll come over everyday and we can spend time together and laugh and, uh, i'm rambling. sorry. we should get to class." michael rubbed his neck awkwardly.

jeremy blushed, "no no, it's alright. i like the sound of that." he grabbed his books from his open locker and shut it, looking back at michael. "i'll see you at detention." jeremy kissed michael softly on the cheek before turning around swiftly and walking away, leaving a red michael in the dust.

«time skip to detention»

"okay same thing as yesterday?" the detention director said. the group of kids nodded. "alright, cool beans. i will see you guys at the end of detention." he walked out of the room, locking the door from the outside.

"jenna?" rich asked.

jenna stood up, "i've got it." she pulled out her bobby pin and started to work on the lock.

"thank you!" rich sang out, putting his feet up on the desk.

"so," brooke started, "where are we going today? we could go to the cafeteria to get something to eat, or we could go back to the library, or, what."

michael turned to jeremy. this was the first time they had seen each other since jeremy had kissed michael on the cheek. they had both been thinking about it all day. let me give you a rundown of what their thoughts were like:

michael mell: it's probably just a fluke, there's no way he likes me.

jeremy heere: oh shoot oh shoot why did i do that there's no way he likes me he probably hates me. stupid stupid stupid!

jeremy looked back at michael, a blush spreading across his face, making his whole body heat up. "uhm, what about the gym?" jeremy asked quietly.

"another good idea courtesy of mr. heere. high five!" rich said, holding up a hand for jeremy. jeremy gladly accepted it. "nice." michael chuckled.

the was a small click from the front of the room. "got it," jenna said proudly, getting up and leaned on the door. "you guys ready to go?"

michael stood up, "i sure am! jer?" he stuck his hand out in front of jeremy for him to grab, which he did hesitantly.