1.3

tw: mentions of abuse, sexual assault, mentions of depression.

good luck you guys, this chapter is what you asked for.

hours past and detention was still silent. the old teacher had a breakdown so he had to leave. michael had a pen in between his fingers, fidgeting with it. everyone had finished their assignments and they were still not being let out.

"ms. papadopoulos, when can we leave?" rich piped up, groaning. the teacher slammed her ruler on the desk, her tight bun rattling. jeremy jumped awake at the sharp noise that filled the classroom.

"when i say so!" she declared. michael rolled his eyes.

"this is against the rules," brooke said, wiping her drool off the desk, apparently she had fallen asleep.

"excuse me?" ms. papadopoulos' lips formed a tight line.

"this is bullshit!" brooke exclaimed, rising from her chair. "all of this! we get after school detention for what? making out behind the school!" she pointed to herself and chloe, "or drawing a dick on some sleeping girls face!" she pointed to rich, "or slapping someone who drew a dick on her face!" she pointed to jenna, "or defending themselves? are you kidding me? all these things warrant punishment but not four hours of writing! that's torture! i'm leaving!"

she pulled her jacket back over her shoulder and slung her backpack onto her back and stormed out, slamming the door behind her. jeremy could see the fumes radiating off ms. papadopoulos' body. jeremy saw no use in angering her further so he looked back down at his desk.

"hell yeah!" rich stood up, the desk getting stuck on his butt in the processes. "um," he tried to push it off, "i'm leaving too!" after a few more attempts her was able to free himself of the desk belt and walked off out the door.

chloe popped her gum and put her purse over her shoulder and blew the teacher a kiss, walking out with a pep in her step.

"jer?" michael said with a smile, ignoring the teacher's ruthless glare. "wanna 'take a stand' and leave?" jeremy gulped and everted his eyes from the front of the room.

"uhm," his throat ran dry. he wasn't used to breaking the rules, but michael seemed so happy to leave. "yeah, let's do it." he nervously put his backpack over his shoulder and stood up, grabbing his papers and walking toward the door.

"good on you!" michael said, getting up and grabbing his things. he and jeremy walked out of the door while michael flipped the teacher off.

as they exited they could hear the teacher cursing in what sounded like greek. jeremy sped up slightly and met the others in the lobby. "we should get going right? go our separate ways so that the psycho won't catch us all? plus i want to smoke alone in the park," jenna said, holding open the main doors.

there were murmurs of agreement. chloe and brooke were going to go home in chloe's car, rich was gonna bike home, jenna was going to go in her car and michael was going to walk home with jeremy. they bid each other goodbye and went their separate ways.

"so germ," michael started, "how was class?" jeremy looked over at him.

"it was good! i got a 96% on my AP psych mid term. that completes the last credit that i need for the college that i want. NYU is gonna be great. i'm sure you can get in." michael snorted, rolling his eyes and stopping.

"i gotta take a piss," he opened the door of a familiar pizza parlor, "stay out there or come in?" jeremy smiled.

"stay out here!" he adjusted his sleeves, "i like the winter." michael nodded and closed the door.