.2

"okay students!" the detention supervisor began, "i'm gonna be real with you guys. i just went through a tough divorce, and i'm really fucking tired. if you guys can promise not to break anything or hurt each other, i will leave you here for an hour while i nap in my office. can i trust you guys?"

there were a few nods and a few more affirmative mumbles. "good. don't kill each other," the teacher grumbled before walking out of the classroom and shutting the door loudly, locking it behind him.

jeremy looked around and saw that he knew no one, aside from michael of course. there were a few girls in particularly showy outfits in the front corner, one guy seated on the other side of jeremy. "michael, wh-what do we do now?" he was nervous, and everyone could tell.

"i don't know, we basically have the school to ourselves." michael shrugged and looked around, "as long as we don't go into his office."

jeremy had a confused look on his face. "but, he told us to stay in here! and locked the door from the out–" there was a click noise.

"GOT IT!" a girl who was sat down near the door, with a bobby pin in the lock. there were simultaneous cheers from the room.

"jenna always picks the lock. this teacher always makes some excuse to leave," michael said, huffing and crossing his arms.

"alright! where should we go today?" another piped up from the back, tying her hair up quickly.

there were murmurs between conversations. jeremy spoke quietly, "the library would be fun i guess..."

michael looked over at jeremy. jeremy shrugged and looked away. the room wasn't even close to silent until michael snapped his fingers, quieting down everyone. "what was that jeremy?" michael asked him sincerely.

jeremy gulped, everyone was looking at him. "m-maybe we could go to the library? it's a wide open space." rubbing his hand up his arm as he slumped down in his chair. "just a thought."

the boy seated next to jeremy chuckled, "look, the newbie has an idea. how cute. now tell me, jeremy, why should we go to the library? so you could get some books or change your outfit?"

michael just rolled his eyes and sighed. jeremy swallowed. "i just thought, you know, it's a really big space. and i'm sure we could rig up some sort of speaker system to play music, i'm pretty good with technology." it was true, jeremy was a genius when it came to technology. "and, um, it's far from his office. plus, um, i-i know the code to the teacher lounge in there, and, uh, if you hit the vending machine in the right places and it breaks and all the snacks fall right out." he finished with a confident yet meekly smile.

the boy to jeremy's right looked shocked, michael was smug as ever with a smirk plastered on his face, like he was proud of jeremy.

"alright, brooke and i have decided," the girl in the front paused, "we're going to the library!"

//
hi okay
yeah this is short
but it sets up for the next chapter
-author chan