1.2

// TW: panic attacks

"mr. heere, can you tell me what you do when you have radicals on both sides of the equation?" the teacher called jeremy out because jeremy was day dreaming again. this was the only class he didn't have with michael, so he was feeling a little down without him.

"um, uh, y-you, you have to square both sides, r-right?" jeremy stuttered out, trying to recall what the teacher was talking about a moment before.

the teacher grunted, "hm, yes, you're right. see me after class," he said, turning back to the board. jeremy took in a sharp breath. the rest of class for him was a blur. the only thing keeping him sane was overhearing a guy they called 'king' and sam flirting beside him.

it seemed like only a few minutes later the bell rang. "mr. heere," the teacher announced, "come over, uh, here." jeremy's breathing stopped.

"you are aware that will sylvester is going to jail, correct?" the teacher asked, jeremy gulped and nodded.

"i have one question for you. how could you do that? will had so much potential. and i know michael wouldn't have done it, so it had to have been you. will was a better student than you'll ever be," he spat at jeremy. jeremy was shocked, and even scared.

"i-i," jeremy tried to speak but the words just wouldn't form. jeremy's head felt dizzy and foggy, his knees weak. the classroom felt like it was dissipating from below him.

"get out of my class," the teacher grumbled, snarling. jeremy nodded and ran out into the jumble of kids.

"m-michael," he heaved out. he knew that he had to find michael or something bad was going to happen. his breathing picked up speed as he raced down the hall toward the bathroom.

"fuck," he mumbled as he stumbled into a stall. he quickly shut the door and leaned against it, falling down to the floor.

his vision faltered, colors inverting and changing all around him. his mind was swirling with past decisions and regret. his whole body felt like lead, pressed to the ground and unable to move. he started to hyperventilate.

as soon as he shut his eyes he sees it. he sees will, trapped behind bars. he sees the cell clearly, the terrible conditions, the horrible people, everything. he hears will thrashing around in his sleep, muttering about michael and jeremy. saying how he didn't deserve this, saying how he was going to come after them, saying that they were gonna pay. jeremy felt tears roll down his face.

there was a loud crash. "this is where i saw him!" it sounded like rich, his lisp immediately recognizable. "in that stall!"

jeremy used all his strength to stand up and  open the stall. his knees gave out as his hand slipped from the door. he fell backward toward the ground.

"jer!" michael fell to his knees and caught him before he hit the ground. "oh my god jeremy i'm so sorry!" michael hugged jeremy tightly, rubbing his back up and down.

jeremy wheezed, "p-pills." michael nodded, pulling his backpack off of jeremy's back. he rummaged around in every pocket but couldn't seem to find it.

"jer, i-i can't, it's not here," michael said. the fear in jeremy's eyes rose again.

"wh-what?" he wheezed out. michael threw his bag to rich to signal him to search.

"yeah, bro, it's not here," rich said as he searched threw the beg.

"shit shit, okay, i can do this. rich, turn on the water!" michael commanded. rich looked confused but turned it on as he said.

the sound of running water seemed to make jeremy's muscles relax in michael's arms. "good good." michael stroked jeremy's hair. "i love you so much, do you hear me? i do. i need you to take a deep breath. can you do that for me?"

jeremy nodded and started to try and breath in steadily. "well done, well done!" michael soothed him. "now let it out, okay? slowly." jeremy followed his command and shut his eyes. "now do it again, okay? it's easy, you're doing so well." michael hugged him lightly, giving him a few pats on the back of the head.

jeremy smiled weakly and started to breathe normally. "there you go babe," michael said in a steady, quiet voice. "you're amazing, i love you so much." jeremy made a little whimper and snuggled into michael closer. michael held him in his arms, whispering sweet nothings in his ear.

"th-thank you, mikey. you're amazing," jeremy mumbled as he hugged him tightly, their bodies pressed tightly against each other. it was as if, in this moment, they were one. forever and always, they were one in the same. together.

"jer, you should go to the nurse, buddy," rich said, turning off the water. "it'd be good for you. i can cover for you two in detention." michael nodded and looked at jeremy.

"do you think you can stand?" michael asked him quietly. jeremy nodded. michael said, "alright. let's get you home." michael propped jeremy up on his arm and lifted him from the ground.

"th-thank you rich," jeremy said, leaning on michael.

"of course buddy, you're a friend. friends help friends, right?" rich gave him a thumbs up and handed michael jeremy's backpack.

within the next twenty minutes they were home and cuddling in bed with a cartoon on. "so, keith and lance, totally gay right?" jeremy asked, cuddling into michael's arms.

"oh definitely. it's basically confirmed. season three will really get to you," michael said. he'd seen this a dozen times.

"nice. they're cute," jeremy said. michael looked over to him.

"you're cuter," michael whispered. jeremy's face went red.

"i love you," jeremy mumbled, turning over and pressing his head into michael's chest. "thank you so much. i've never been able to calm down that quickly without my medication. you managed to save me, thank you." michael kisses his forehead tenderly.

"you would've done the same for me, it was only the right thing to do for someone i love," michael whispered in his ear, "and i do love you. so much."

"i love you too babe, you mean the world to me," jeremy said, giving him a hug from the front.

//
whelp
that was eventful
also sorry my updating is so messy
tell me if you like this chapter!
tell me how much you hate will!
tell me how much you love michael!
just talk to me! i'm lonely!
sorry this took so long!
sincerely, an apologetic me