Chapter Eight

'Quinn leaned against the doorway with her arms crossed over her chest as she smiled at Carson. He had just finished shrugging on his leather jacket before turning to her and giving her one last smile before he left her apartment for the day. Their afternoon had consisted of sitting around and watching pointless TV. She had enjoyed every minute with him.

"So, do you maybe want to hang out this weekend or something?" Carson asked, giving her a lopsided smile. Her heart beat erratically in her chest as she bit her bottom lip and smiled shyly.

"I'll have to pencil you in." She smirked, chuckling softly as Carson took a step back and smiled.

"I'm okay with that." He joked after a moment.

"Okay, we'll I guess I'll talk to you later?"

"I'm not getting rid of you, am I?" Quinn laughed and watched as Carson's face softened as he smiled back at her.

"Nope."

"Good."

And with that, he pressed his lips to her cheek before turning on the heels of his black converse and heading towards the elevator, calling over his shoulder to her.

"I'll talk to you later, Quentin." He said smugly and she watched with a smile on her face as he continued down the hall.

She didn't know what it was about him. She had never been so invested in someone she had only known for 48 hours before. He was funny and gentle and kind and fuck, was he ever gorgeous. With a dopey smile on her face, Quinn walked back down the hall and into the living room, where Harry and Louis had taken over the TV and clutched their Xbox controllers tightly in their hands.

Harry didn't even bother looking up from the TV as she strode into the room. "Too bad you can't hang out with him this weekend. Seems like a swell guy."

Quinn blanked for a second, the sounds of cheering fans from the TV echoing through the apartment as her mouth gaped open. Furrowing her eyebrows, she tightened her arms across her chest.

"And why can't I hang out with him?"

"Because we'r going to L.A. We discussed this about an hour ago, duh." He said smugly, never taking his eyes off of the T.V until Quinn froze in realization.

Another uproar came from the speakers as Louis sank back in the seat, swearing under his breath and dropping his controlled on his lap while Harry stood, hollering at the top of his lungs in victory, turning to his friend. He had obviously won the game.

Quinn's mouth was still gaping open in realization. Anger burned in her stomach as her mind flickered through all the things she had been asked to sacrifice for this boy and his image.

"I didn't know it was this weekend!" She whined, sounding more like a 5 year old then her own age. She winced at the thought.

Harry finally turned to her then, his hair slightly messy, his joggers hanging low on his hips under the hem of his white thermal long-sleeved shirt. His eyes were bright and full of amusement and mischief as he smirked at her.

"Sorry but duty calls, princess."

-

The rest of the afternoon dragged on slowly.

Quinn winced as she chewed at the eraser on her pencil, staring absently at her textbook in front of her.

"I don't fucking understand anything that has to do with Philosophy." Dex groaned from the couch across the room from her, reaching his hand into the bag of chips at his side and pulling out a handful.