Shopping for the Job

~Time skip brought to you by I wasn't listening. I was thinking of something else...!~

Me and Tom sat outside a small café inside the city, across from a park.

"He is so good with Lucia-Ann." I remarked, motioning to Tom's husband Henry who was playing in the parks sandpit with their daughter across the street.

"Yeah, he's such a good dad. I love him so much." I watched as he stared at his husband with such love and caring.

So much love, trust, and respect went into their relationship. Nothing I had ever experienced before. I wondered if I would with my soulmate and my hand instinctively ran over my waist.

"Are you okay?" Tom asked.

"Yes of course." I lied, I knew Tom knew that I was scared but he kept it to himself in public.

I pulled my shopping closer off the seats next to me as they approached us.

"How was the sand dear?" Tom laughed, nudging Henry as he frowned to his smaller husband, covered in sand.

"Are you going to finish that cake Aunty [Y/N]?" Lucia asked, puppy eyes and everything.

"No dear, you can have it." I smiled, pushing it across the table to her. "Henry how's work?" I asked looking a bit too enthusiastic.

"Not well I'm afraid, I can't really guarantee you a job anymore, but I will still try. You know you could always live with us, right?" he smiled.

I shook my head. "No. You guys have enough on your plate, what with Lucia and your careers and your businesses. I would just be a nuisance." I took a slip of my [Y/F/D] and looked at the two of them. "You guys have done too much for me already and I want to get myself off the ground you know. Do it myself."

They smiled and both reached across the table to grip my hands.

"We are always here for you, right?" Henry remarked.

"I know." I smiled. Lucia placed her hands over the top of all of ours.

"Hip-hip, hooray!" She giggled lifting her hands in the air and we all did the same.

I thanked them both for the meal and I headed home. Tom and I had got the shopping done for the night. I bought a black strapless crop top, a gold chain choker with twenty small crosses hanging down, pink heels with a gold heel and toe, four small studded rings, a cream clutch, and a metallic gold high-waisted set of short shorts. I was set. Tom took me for a bikini wax, all expense paid, and he booked a hair appointment for me at the salon, which he also paid for. I told him I had enough money but he wouldn't take no for an answer.

I hoped on the bus and checked my phone. Leylai had texted while I was shopping but Tom told me off for being distracted so I didn't reply.

Hey, what's up?

I put it down but as soon as I did it beeped.

Hi girl. Look we just found out they guy you are set up with is going to give you $5,000 more and 10,000 units for tonight! :O Isn't that exciting! :)

I almost dropped my phone when I read it. 10,000 units. That could get me straight to Xandar if I found the right ship to take me.

OMG! I can finally live my dream!:)))

The bus pulled up to my street so picked up my bags and I stepped outside. It had just been forecast to rain so I ran down to my house.

Girl!!!! You must promise to say goodbye to me! :'(

I smiled and opened my door, throwing the bags on the floor as it started to rain.

I would never forget! Now off to sleep! Otherwise we both won't be getting up in time for work!

Goodnight bae! X

Nighty night Ley x

I lay down on my bed and hovered my hand over my waist. What if the one I was supposed to be with is here on earth? What if I move too far away? But what if he lives on Xandar? I let my waist go, dropping the issue about my soulmate for once, and turned on my side. I needed to get some rest, I was moving up in the world starting midnight tonight.