Chapter One

Charles stepped into the ballroom and compared the layout of the actual ballroom to the blueprint he had seen earlier. He took in notice all the exits, hidden corners and possible escape routes.

“You handsome son of a bitch, you should take that face to some runway. It doesn’t do you any good as an undercover special agent. You literally have all the females of the room staring at you.” Ronald Specter, his partner who was also present at the party remarked in his ear.

"Oh so you are alive, old man.” Charles said rolling his eyes as he once again contemplated chucking the earpiece but decided against it.

However what Ronald said was true. All the ladies in the room noticed him enter. Who could blame them? Charles Hunter with his six feet muscular frame adorned in an Armani tuxedo was a sight. His black hair was slicked back, defining his angular jaw and perfect cheekbones. He had a dangerous aura which allured the ladies. His lithe and muscular body moved with grace in every movement he made.

He walked over to the bar, all his senses on high alert. He and his team were here to nag Giovanni King, the man who was corrupting a couple of CIA agents and stealing confidential information.

“This is getting boring” Elizabeth Carter, another one of his team member slid next to him in the bar.

Charles smirked as he ran an appreciative look along the length of her. She looked sexy in a red number that swept the floor. She was getting a few appreciative glances from men around her but only Charles knew that underneath that sexy red dress, she was armed to kill. A strap around her left thigh hosted a knife kit along with a gun.

Charles leaned forwards and bought his mouth next to her ear, to other it seemed like flirting but Charles had just spotted their target.

“Three o’clock” He said as he ran his fingers along the length of her arm.

“Keep your hands to yourself Hunter. I will snap them” She breathed back.

Charles laughed and pulled her hand.

“Come on Carter. Loosen up. A dance?”

“You guys are really cozying up. Harper isn’t going to appreciate you warming up to his woman, Hunter” Ronald said referring to Elizabeth’s long term boyfriend.

Elizabeth rolled her eyes.

“Do your job Specter.” Charles said as he guided Elizabeth to the dance floor. They swayed to the music while both of them had their eyes on Giovanni.

“Okay team. He is on the move” Ronald said.

“Got it” Charles said as he swept Elizabeth to the edge of the dance floor and pushed her into the corner. It looked they were sharing an intimate moment.

“I am going to follow him. You stay here and warn of any other incoming.” Charles said as he glanced at Giovanni shaking hands with a man.

“Specter how many guards?” Elizabeth asked

“He has two of them outside his hotel room and two tailing him. I am now by the bar. Fuck” Ronald replied.

“What?” Elizabeth and Charles said simultaneously.

“I just got a text; he has someone meeting him in his room. We can’t have witnesses.”

“Is that someone a man?” Elizabeth asked.

“Yes some guy named Michael Tribianni”

“I am on it” Elizabeth said as she sauntered off towards the man who just approached Giovanni. Charles slipped out of the corner and headed towards the elevator. He watched Giovanni approach the elevators with his guards.