Chapter Two

Two days later Charles was in a plane to Paris, France. Billy Chance was a CIA contact currently in Paris who was going to meet with Charles and guide him further. For now all he had on him was the information Timothy gave him the other day and a chip, which Timothy had instructed to only view after he had met Billy.

“Mesdames et Messieurs, nous soummes sur le point d’atterir a l’aeroport Charles de Gaulle, a Paris. L’heure locale est 2.30, l’apres-midi. Attachez vos ceintures de securite. Merci d’avoir vole avec Air France.”

“Did you just understand that because I didn’t. God” the passenger next to Charles muttered. Charles simply ignored him. Little did the guy next to him know that Charles is fluent in seven different languages.

“Ladies and Gentlemen, we are about to arrive at Charles de Gaulle airport, Paris. The local time is 2.30 p.m. Please fasten your seat belts. Thank you for flying with Air France.” The announcement was repeated in English and the seat belt sign flashed.

Charles cleared the customs and walked out of the international terminal. He shrugged on his leather jacket as the chilly early October air greeted him.

“Hunter! Over here!”

Charles turned in the direction of the voice and saw Billy waving his arms like a madman.

“Welcome to Paris my man!” He said as he shook hands with Charles.

“Thanks”

“Come on. We will head on straight over to your place.” Billy said as he motioned Charles to follow him.

They got into the car and headed towards the place Charles would be calling his home from now onwards.

They parked outside a building.

“We got you a two bedroom apartment on the top floor.” Billy explained as he led the way through the lobby. Charles was busy memorizing all the entrances and exits. They got on the elevator and pressed for the 40th floor.

Billy pulled out a key from his pocket and opened the door. The apartment was spacious and well furnished but simple.

“Here” Billy said as he threw the keys at Charles who caught them without looking.

“Are there any other entrances except for the door and the balcony?” Charles asked.

“Yes of course. There is a reason we got you the top floor. Come on.”

He led him to the master bedroom and pulled open the door to a small walk in closet.

“You have a trap door next to that shelf” Billy said as he pointed to the top left shelf. “Just give it a little push and it will open to the roof. The next building is only a few feet away. I know you CIA agents are trained like Spiderman so knock yourself out in case of any emergency”

Charles simply grunted in response as he looked through rest of the apartment.

“Alright. Now that you have inspected every nook and corner of this place let us get down to business” Billy said as he sat down on the dining table and pulled out a folder from his backpack.

Charles folded his body into the chair across from Billy.

“Man, can’t you like smile or something. You are making me nervous.” Billy said as he looked at the brooding man in front of him.

“How do I approach Laurent” Charles asked without twitching a facial muscle.

“We got to know form a source that he is looking to hire a bodyguard.”