Chapter 19

Never had I hated the fact that weekend was still so far away as much as I did right now. I had always enjoyed the weekdays. School had always brought me great pleasure and work never stopped being interesting and fascinating. Usually I was waiting for the weekend to pass so I could get back into the weekdays.

So this feeling was very unnatural for me.

Work did not distract me as well as it usually did. Instead, I was reminded of the fact that I was keeping a secret from Scarlet and Rhys. Although I never really minded keeping secrets, somewhere I was aware that it could be potentially dangerous that I wasn't going to tell either of them about my plan. Well, I wasn't going to tell them it until I had already done it.

There was no way that I could get either of them involved. Rhys still did not know everything about my past and I wanted to keep it like that. He was one of my dearest friends who had an amazing life waiting for him. He did not need to get swamped with my problems.

I wasn't going to tell Scarlet, because I knew that she would tell me to wait, but I didn't want to wait anymore. I was sick of waiting. Even if my plan was potentially incredibly dangerous, it would be worth it. I couldn't wait much longer. I needed to move forward with my life. I needed to be able to be myself again.

It's all that I wanted at that point.

The only other person, who was getting involved, was Simona. Aria had said that although she could get into most places in the office with her cards in the weekend, she would need Boris' keycard to get into his office. She knew that he always kept it in his home somewhere in his bedroom.

Simona was the only person who had access to that particular room, so I needed to get her involved as well despite me not wanting more than a couple of people to get involved.

Therefore Aria invited Simona and me the next evening at her house. Luckily her fiance was out on a business trip that week, so there was no need to worry about people who could possibly hear our plan.

Simona looked at both of us sitting across from her. Aria and I both held very serious expressions on her face. In fact, they were so serious, we both almost felt the need to laugh.

"So what's up?" Simona asked. The question was casual, but the tone of her voice was certainly anything but.

Aria licked her lips. "You know about her not really being Mallory Bray, right?"

Simona turned to look at me with large round eyes. "You told her?" Her voice sounded slightly betrayed.

I shrugged. "She figured it out herself."

Simona crossed her arms before taking a seat. "What do you mean?"

"I found some documents about Audrey in his computer, detailing everything that he did to her. Unfortunately I couldn't copy any of them so we need to break in his office again."

"Your name is Audrey," was what Simona said.

I smiled at her in confirmation.

Simona chuckled. "That name really doesn't suit you." I nodded in agreement. It really didn't, but it was my name and I wanted to have my name back.

"So what's my role in this?" Simona finally asked.

"We need you to get his keycard to the office, so we can break into it. He said that he kept it in his office. Audrey told me that you could find it."

Simona smirked. "I know where it is."

I gaped at her, but Aria remained serious. "How do you know?"