Milkshakes and burgers

"Am I late?" you mumble exhaustedly, brushing A few strands of your hair into A quick messy ponytail before taking A seat across from Jughead. Who I remind you was rapidly typing up an essay and, was paying no attention to the fact that you were now sitting across from him, until now.

"No" you yell slamming down Jughead's computer screen "not tonight" taking the computer away you stuff it into his backpack and force the zipper close. You notice his face forms into a smile and he shouts "Happy One Year Best Friend Anniversary!" you find yourself blushing and you have no idea why.

"Happy One Year Best Friend Anniversary" you smile, reaching out to put your hands on top of his just as the milkshakes arrived. Assuming Jughead had already ordered them before you arrived you reach out taking one vanilla milkshake with extra whip cream and four strawberries on top just the way you like it.

"Could this night get any better?" you ask yourself before taking a sip of your milkshake. Jughead had ordered A chocolate milkshake with extra rainbow colored sprinkles, instead of using a straw he decided to dig in with A spoon and in that moment you caught yourself staring deeply into him. All those things you never noticed before you were beginning to see them now, like how he taps his fingers when he's nervous, how he was humming to the sound of "Waterfalls" by TLC while taking huge slurps of his milkshake which was playing on the Jukebox in the back. How he would rub his hands in his hair when he was curious, all those things you never noticed were just popping out of nowhere. Forgetting about your melting milkshake in front of you and the people around you, you coutinue to stare at him until he catches your glaze and brings you out of it.

"I know I'm not the best looking guy but can you please not stare? where are your manners?" he teased, half of his milkshake was gone by the time you decided to take your third sip you questioned yourself and asked were you really staring that long. Trying to make A smooth recovery you rush to take another sip of your milkshake and pretend none of it happened.

"No, I was just trying to see what happened so badly that it caused your face to look like that" you had began to laugh so loud that the people around you were beginning to stare wondering what could you possibly be laughing at so hard.

"I have feelings you know, and right now they're hurting" He laughed throwing A balled up piece of tissue your way, you dodge it and throw it back. The piece of tissue smacks him in the face, he grabs his chest and pretend as if his heart is aching "how dare you?" he cries "I spent two dollars on that milkshake you know, I wasn't going to ask but now I want my money" you both stop and stare with smiles on your face before bursting into laughter.

"sorry" you say but you couldn't keep a straight face no matter how hard you were trying "I'm serious, I really am sorry" this time you managed to keep A smile from forming until he decided to make a silly face and you couldn't help yourself. Time pass and you still find you and him laughing hysterically about which animal is better cats or dogs? you are both going on and on about different subjects just as your waiter approaches your table for a second time.

"here are your burgers Jughead and Y/N" you both thankfully take them and then proceeded your conversation while taking bites off of your burgers. Time was passing and before you knew it was nightfall, by this time Jughead had gotten up and was now sitting beside you, you both were reminiscing on the months that lead you both to this beautiful day.

"You actually remember that?" you ask resting your head on his shoulder. He had began to slowly nod as he went for another sip of his sprite, you smile and look out the window pleased with how the day had turned out. You started to notice it was beginning to rain, the diner was so quiet you could hear the sound of the rain hitting the pavement through the window. Glancing at the clock on the wall the time was now 10:30pm you lean up to take A sip of your sprite and then lean back down onto his shoulders.

you began to whisper "thank you" you paused closing your eyes "for everything."