Morning Surprises

Another morning arose in Riverdale, but nothing more different then any other mornings in Riverdale. By 6:15 you were already up, glazing at the blistering sun through your curtains from your bed. It was probably best to shield your eyes, but what was it worth. The town was quiet, not a single chirp of a nearby Sparrow or Cedar which was normally recognized in the fall. Its the quietest you had ever seen Riverdale, since the incident of July 4th that was.

Your phone goes off a few times before you finally decide to reach for it, mainly to check the time, and hoping it was Jughead who had sent you a marathon of messages. Obviously, it wasn't. Archie sent a message in the group chat arranging an meeting at Pops. Pushing your phone away without even catching the time, your main purpose, you roll over so that you're now facing the other side of your room. 

"All you have to do is apologize, no need for beating yourself up Y/N". you see Ronnie peaking through the crack of your half closed door, and briskly pulled the covers over your head.

"who let you in?" you ask shifting under the covers as you felt her push her self up on your bed, adjusting her self beside you, she whispered

"It really isn't safe to leave the doors unlocked while your parents are at work, especially during a time like this" Pulling the covers off, reveling your face to Veronica part by part. 

The sun was still at its highest, but the time was now 7:20, you hadn't realized you had spent so much time laying in complete silence until Veronica made her entrance. Although you weren't exactly focused on how long you had been in bed now, but what had Veronica had been saying" 

"During this time?" you ask quoting her. She took a long deep breath plainly, but exhaling while forcing an half smile.

"you haven't heard?" pausing to strain her eyes at you, but then gaining her focus when you shook your head at her " As suspected" she takes another pause, and you shake her shoulders  signaling her to speak up. "Ms. Grundy was slit in her Greendale home last night Y/N" 

you were now pausing, your eyes quickly fell from Ronnie to the bottom of your bed. You had no idea why Veronica had tears in her eyes right now, I mean it wasn't like she had some connection with Ms. Grundy the way I'm sure Archie was freaking out about right now. The only words that could run from your lips were

"oh" You had so many questions, but "oh" was the only word that could form around now. Shifting on the bed she finally spoke.

"Yes, maybe it was connected to the incident with Archie's father" she yawned "there's really no telling anymore" continuing she picked herself up off of your bed and headed for the door giving a slight wave of goodbye.

"Archie's dad?" you ask shouting before she reached the top of the staircase hoping you caught her before she started down them. quietness settled before she poked her head through the crease of your bedroom door.

"You really need to get out of the house" just before leaving she peeked back in for one last few words "Oh and Y/N, apologize" she gave a quick smile before leaving without any interruptions

You hadn't had any plans of the day laid ahead which was normal according to your Saturday's, remembering Archie had arranged a meeting at Pop's you stumble out of bed, throw on your favorite crop top which bolded the words "Not Today" across the front, and headed for the front door. As Veronica stated before your parents were at work meaning it was your job to make sure every door was locked.

Just the night before, the Friday Night Family Conference around the dinner table, discussed how they didn't think it was safe for you to be alone in the house. Ever since The death of Jason Blossom the rules became stricter around the house, things such as, No walking the streets after 8 alone were now enforced. You never had a problem with that one, Archie or Jug would walk you home after every meeting at Pop's. Leaving at lease one door unlocked or one window cracked, could result in you spending the morning at your grandma's.