Chapter 8

I woke up to the smell of pancakes being cooked. My clothes were scattered all over the floor so I covered up with the bed sheets.

"Ethan must have gotten up early," I ran my hand through my now messy hair. It was then when realization hit me.

Oh my god. I can't believe I slept with him. My face was red from embarrassment when I recalled what happened last night. A sigh of relief escaped my mouth when I spotted the empty condom wrapper on the ground. Well, at least we used protection.

"Blake are you in there?" I heard Grayson's voice from the other side of the door.

"Just a minute!" I yelled back and quickly picked up my clothes from the floor and put them on.

I walked over to Grayson who had two plates of pancakes in front of him.

He slid one of the plates in front of me as he munched on his own pancakes.

I stabbed my fork in one of the pancakes cutting a small piece and shoving it in my mouth. "You're a great cook."

"Thanks," he grinned. "Ethan hates my cooking, so it's nice getting complimented for once."

"Where is he by the way?" I mumbled, my eyes fixed on the plate as I played with the fork in my hand.

"He went out to run some errands. He said you were tired and to just let you sleep."

"Did he....say anything else?" I wonder if he mentioned what happened last night.

"About what you two did last night?" He said with a playful smirk.

I chocked on my food and I quickly grabbed the glass of water gulping it down.

"All he said was you two cuddled and you fell asleep," he laughed

* * *

I took a sip out of my coffee as I typed away on my laptop. The cafe was quiet as usual and I finally was able to get some work done on my story.

"Blake right?" The voice of a girl questioned behind me.

I tuned around to see who it was.

"It's Lexi, if you forgot," she played with her long hair. "Is this seat occupied?"

I shook my head.

She took a seat, one leg over the other, flipping her hair to the side. "I see you obviously know Ethan."

I rolled me eyes. "Look, I don't know what your relationship with Ethan is, but just don't get me involved in your drama okay?"

She let out a forced laugh before fixing her seating position. "I'm his ex-girlfriend."

"And what's that got to do with me?" I crossed my arms.

"Listen here," she leaned forward, both her hands resting on the table, "I think it's best if you stay away from him. You don't wanna get involved with a guy like him."

"I'm sorry, but I don't know you well enough to take your advice," I scoffed.

Her long fingernails tapped on the table as she stared at me. "I'm just trying to help you," she spoke. "After all, I do know him better than you do."

Even though I was annoyed at her words I still was curious as to why she was saying all these things.

"What do you mean by...a guy like him?" I questioned.

She leaned back at her chair and crossed her arms. "He's a player. I mean, don't you see him with a new girl every night?"

I stayed silent.

"He's not the type of guy that's in for a serious relationship."

"How long have you two been together?"

"A year," she replied. "But I guess that meant nothing to him."

"What do you mean?" I furrowed my brows.

"I told you, he's not the type of guy to settle down with one girl."

___________________________________

A/N: Heyyyy, quick question do you guys prefer long or short chapters? I'd really like to know.