Chapter 13

I felt my cheeks getting hot. And I could tell he was getting a bit tense. "W-Why do you ask?" I couldn't help but stutter.

"It's because I–"

Suddenly his phone rang cutting him off.

He groaned in frustration before reaching for his phone.

"What do you want Grayson?" He barked. "Fine, I'll be right there."

"What's wrong?" I asked sitting up straight.

"Gray needs me to help him edit," he ran his hand through his hair. "I'm sorry. Let's just go back."

The car ride home was silent. Neither of us really had anything to say. His question earlier caught me by surprise. Was he going to say that he liked me back before he was cut off?

He unlocked his apartment door and just stood there instead of walking in.

"Blake," he turned around shoving his hands into his pockets. "Do you wanna like watch a movie tomorrow night? Us cuddled up on your couch?"

I nodded, a shy smile plastered on my face.

"Alright then, it's a date," he smirked.

* * *

I quickly grabbed the bowl of popcorn from my kitchen counter before plopping on the couch next to Ethan.

"Come closer," he frowned, pulling me closer to him.

I wrapped my arms around his waist before resting my head on his chest, feeling the soft fabric of his shirt.

"So, what do you wanna watch?" He asked, his chest vibrating as he spoke.

"How about a horror movie?" I suggested scrolling through the movies on my TV.

"Is this your excuse to snuggle into me and pretend to be scared for me to protect you?" He teased.

"Jokes on you," I rolled my eyes. "Horror movies don't scare me."

"Yeah right," he chuckled.

* * *

The movie went by pretty fast. It wasn't that scary honestly. Just a few gasps and jumps from both of us. And I would lie if I said that I didn't pretended to be scared just to cuddle.

Ethan turned off the TV before stretching his hands.

"I'm tired," he yawned, resting his head on my shoulder.

"Listen, I've been meaning to tell you something," I started.

"What is it?" He looked up at me with a serious expression.

"I don't know how to say this even though I technically already did. Ethan, I-I like you. I like you a lot," I mumbled biting lip. "It's the first time I've genuinely liked someone liked that and it feels weird and I don't know–"

Suddenly his lips crashed onto mine making me shut up.

"I like you too, Angel," he said in between the kiss. "I like you a lot."