Chapter 16

As I came back from the grocery store I noticed someone standing in front of my apartment door.

"Landon?" He was standing there with his hands in his pockets.

"Hey Blake," he smiled.

"Uh..hi? What are you doing here?" I questioned.

"I wanted to apologize for yesterday. I didn't know my question would cause this much drama," he chuckled.

"It's okay," I mumbled. "I didn't either."

"Want me to help you out?" He asked, seeing me struggle with the bags.

"Sure," I handed him some of the bags before unlocking my door.

As I walked inside he trailed behind me.

"That guy....Ethan," he started, "are you two by any chance together?"

I remained silent. Honestly, I don't even know what we are anymore.

"No...we're not."

Th sound of knocking on my door cut our conversation short.

As I opened the door I saw Ethan standing on the other side.

"Blake, I need to talk to y– what is he doing here?" He glared at Landon who was standing behind me.

"He was just helping me with something," I mumbled.

"I better leave now. See you later, Blake," Landon shot me an awkward smile before leaving.

"That wasn't necessary you know?" I crossed my arms.

"Whatever," Ethan rolled his eyes. "We need to talk."

"Now you wanna talk like adults?" I scoffed.

"Blake," he closed his eyes shut before taking a deep breath to calm himself down. "It took a lot from me to come and do this. Please just let me talk to you." His gaze was genuine.

"Come in," I sighed giving in to his pleads.

I sat on my couch and he took the seat next to me.

"I'm sorry, Angel," he muttered as he rested his hand on my thigh.

"Sorry for what?!" I exploded pushing his hand away. "Sorry for telling me that you like me then sleeping with some other girls? Sorry for making me believe that you actually like me then breaking my heart into a million pieces?" A whimper escaped my mouth as I bit my lip forcing myself not to cry.

"Shit!" He cursed. Running his hands through his hair he let out a long sigh. "I'm scared, Blake. I'm fucking scared okay?!"

"Scared of what?" I questioned, my voice barely above a whisper.

"I'm just so scared of losing you. I'm so scared of going through all that bullshit again! I'm getting so fucking attached to you that I can't bare the thought of you leaving me," he rasped. "I don't want what happened with Lexi to happen again."

"I'm not leaving you," I breathed. I leaned closer to him cupping his cheeks gently. "I promise."

"And what makes you say that?" He muttered.

"Because I love you, Ethan."

___________________________________

A/N: Please tell me your thoughts on this chapter :)