Chapter 3

Kara's POV

          It has been a week since I've told Cat I want to be a reporter. I just finished breakfast, so I call Clark, and we go around the city, saving the day. We put out a fire, get a cat out of a tree, stop a bank robbery, and greet a few fans.

          "This is #TooMuchFun." I say, almost literally jumping for joy. I've forgiven him for not trusting Lena, even though I think she is great. 

          "Do not ever say that again. Please." Kal-El looks at me laughing. I start laughing too.

          "Wait, that old lady just got her purse stolen!" (Yeah, I know these are all stereotypical crimes, but why not?)

          We give the lady her purse back, then we get a call from the DEO. They say that there is a potential suicide jumper on the National City Bridge. We quickly fly over. When we arrive I immediately feel weaker. Looking around I see John Corben. But Lena shot him? Isn't he dead? Then I see the thing on his chest. It looks like kryptonite, which would explain why I feel weaker.

          "John, what are you doing here! How are you alive?" I scream, really confused.

          "My name isn't John anymore. My name is Metallo!" He starts shooting blasts of energy from his chest. Superman dodges it, but I didn't. I'm hit by the laser, and feel terrible. It hurts so bad. My vision blurs. I feel myself being lifted into the air, so I assume that Kal-El is taking me to the DEO.

          When I wake up I'm in the medical bay. I ache everywhere, but I make my wake to where everyone is talking about the threat of this villain with kryptonite. Superman and I can't fight him, so this causes some problems.

          "How could someone even get kryptonite! The only people I know that has it are Lex and you." Kal-El says, pointing his finger at J'onn. He seems really angry.

          "About 4 months ago a shipment was stolen. We still haven't been able to find out who stole it or where they took it. I'm assuming that the creator of Metallo were the ones that stole it." Alex responds.

          "We didn't you tell anyone. Its your fault that Kara got hurt J'onn!" My cousin is practically yelling.

          "It isn't J'onn's fault that I got hurt. I should have guessed that there was a reason John had kryptonite in his chest." I say, trying to make sure this doesn't escalate.

          "Kara, what are you doing out of bed!" Alex says, trying to usher be back to the medical bay.

          "Alex, its fine. I'm fine." Alex looks at me skeptically, but backs away. Everyone seems to have calmed down a bit, but the tension in here is so thick you could cut it with a knife.

          "What if I made a kryptonite-proof suit, so you wouldn't get hurt." Winn says, breaking the silence that had overtaken the room. I see Kal-El's face light up.

          "That is a great idea! Good job Winn." Winn looks like he just had a heart attack.

          "And I can help you fight him. I won't be affected by the kryptonite." I'm happy that the tension seemingly blew over.

          "I have to get to work. Its my first day as a reporter." I say, smiling because I'm so happy. Everyone wishes me good luck, and I leave for work. Kal-El is going to be protecting the city while I'm working today.

          "Kiera, you finally arrived. I would like you to meet the head of the magazine's investigative unit, you're new boss." I look to her left. There is an older man, who looks rather cranky.