7 - Company Dinner

The company event started in a formal way. The hall was filled with all the employees and some important business associates. The dull music and corporate arrangements made the event look rick and exquisite.

When Dev arrived, the band springs to the tune. He was escorted by a reception-committee and a few close friends. To start, Dev delivered a formal speech, in which he first welcomed the business associates and then provided a detailed speech about his experience. He highlighted the Company's achievements and also spoke about the awards that the employees have won in various events.

Sona's POV

I quickly made my way inside the event hall. I made sure all the food were delivered on time and arranged neatly. Of course, I had to reach Ishwari Enterprises 4 hours earlier to make sure the arrangements were perfect. I could not afford to make any mistakes since this event was an important one for our company every year.

When I entered the hall, my heart started beating faster as I saw a large group of men walking inside. I recognised Jatin immediately and signalled him to come to my side. However, he was too distracted to notice me in that crowd. The time had come where my nightmare would start. With his grand entry, Dev walked through the entrance in his full glory.

If situation had not been this tensed, I would have beamed at him for looking so handsome. His blue suit was sharp-looking and well-fitted to his muscular, well-built form. His shoes were polished as he walked confidently inside the hall. I saw his perfect jaw line, sharp nose and full lips. Of course, the most attractive one was his messily-styled hair, making him look like a model walking down on a ramp.

 Of course, the most attractive one was his messily-styled hair, making him look like a model walking down on a ramp

I could sense that his eyes were roaming around the surroundings as he took the view of the big hall. His eyes stopped when they met mine. His intense stare made me insecure. Was I overly dressed for the event? I bit my lips in nervousness as my hands immediately roamed around my sleeve adjusting the saree.

Dev's POV

Dev's POV

My heart almost skipped as my eyes rested on a girl standing at the corner getting more conscious about her dress. She had worn an orange saree which was complimenting her beautiful curves. Her silky brown hair were curled and the ear rings added to her, made her look so beautiful. My eyes froze on her when she bit her lips. It was the first time I had seen her wore a saree, shyly flaunting her milky waist. I was getting restless with each second my eyes lingered on her conscious form.