12 - Football Match

Flashback continues....

"NO WAY" Sonakshi screamed making Jatin, Natasha and Pooja stunned. Sonakshi's face burned in embarrassment like a bright tomato as she stared at Dev with shock. How dare he ask her for such a ridiculous thing?

The rest of them around were all not aware of what Dev had asked, so they were all clueless with Sona's sudden outburst. However, Dev still had his smirk on his face as he replied calmly,

"If you are scared about your own assumptions, then I am okay with it Sonakshi. I am not forcing you because I know that I am always right... And this time we are going to win!" he gave an evil smile making Sonakshi extremely infuriated.

"Whatever Dev... You know what? I am not going to agree for this stupid deman..." before Sonakshi could complete, Pooja interrupted them.

"You know what? Sonakshi will agree for your demand. Mark my words! Now let's go from here, Sona.." Pooja dragged a stunned Sonakshi from the place.

"Dev! Now, what was it that you demanded from that poor girl?" Jatin asked, trying to control his amusement.

"That would be our small secret. It's between me and her." Dev smiled and walked away from there.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Sona's POV

Kiss??? Was he kidding me? Is that how he talks to all the students in the college? I was so angry at Pooja. How could she just accept the bet without knowing his demands? Errr this is too much! But can I blame anyone for that? No! because this is all because of me. If I had kept my mouth shut, I wouldn't have landed in such a big trouble.

I never told anyone about Dev's demand. Not even to Pooja. How could I say that he basically asked me for a kiss?

Meanwhile, a lot of other girls in my class were curious to know about Dev's demands. My bet with Dev became a flashing news for the whole cohort. Walking down the corridors after lessons, I could feel the enormous amount of jealously stares targeted at me.

That's when I felt a guy blocking my pathway to the doors. It was that harmless Jatin!

"Heyy... wait... my name is Jatin! I just want to know what's the bet prize that Dev had negotiated, if our team wins?" he asked enthusiastically.

I immediately stopped walking and faced him.

"Didn't Dev tell you?" I asked surprised.

"Nope! He told me that it's a secret between you guys! But you know... I can't take secrets. It will kill me. So please say na?" he said with his voice was full of energy.

"Since it's a secret, I can't tell you as well. Go and bug your friend if you want" I replied.

"Okay your wish. But I warn you.... After our team wins, I will still get to know, okay? By the way, you are different and I like you.. Okay, let's make a deal. I will not ask for your secret between you and Dev. But in return, do I get your friend Pooja's number? " he negotiated with a mischievous grin.

"Seriously Jatin?" I asked and burst out laughing. Moments later Jatin too joined me and we started laughing like maniacs. I told him that he would never get Pooja's number no matter how hard he tried. If he wants it, he has to impress her.

Jatin later followed me around the school and showed me a few places. Soon we became good friends too. I realized he was an extremely friendly person and someone who always looked at things in a positive way. He was a fun person who always had a smile on his face. Finally, I knew that he would be someone whom I can always look out for, when I needed help.