78 - Cuddle Bear?

To Dev (01:02): Goodnights....

There was no reply for a long time. Just as I was about to place my phone back, my phone buzzed creating a jittery feeling in my stomach. When I opened my eyes almost popped out from their sockets!

From Dev (01:10): Goodnights darling! Love you...and...Miss me

This feeling is so strange. It stretches throughout my whole body. It's overwhelming, yet makes me feel complete. I felt as though someone was watching me yet it didn't feel creepy. I felt safe..... Either way, it's a magical feeling which causes me to shiver in complete pleasure and ecstasy.

------------------------

Sonakshi's eyes was glued to the phone as she tried to find a way out and run away from the dark forest. The surrounding was filled with darkness as she kept running. There was nothing she could see. She tried running away until she saw the road. She clenched her eyes shut due to the bright lights. That's when she heard the phone ringing.

She didn't know who was calling. She held the phone tightly and walked to cross the road but her leg was suddenly trapped near a rock, preventing her from moving any further. In that instance, she lost the opportunity to evade a racing car with its lights off. Even if she'd been paying attention she would have been knocked down.

As it hit her, she barely had time to scream before her air bags were knocked out. The car tumbled over into the centre of the road before coming to an absolute stop. Silence... It scared Sona more than the pain. Shouldn't she be groaning or calling out? She tried to move but she was pinned by an external force. Her neck was too fragile to move...

A crackling sound startled Sona out of her nightmare. Her cheeks were wet and her body was bathed in a cold sweat. The sheets were twisted around her limbs, probably because she was thrashing in her sleep. Her heart pounded against her chest.

Sonakshi trembled. The room was entirely dark. Darkness everywhere. The effects of the nightmare still clung to her mind, haunting her. Sona had no trouble in her room. She looked at the glass that was broken near her nightstand. Probably that's the sound that woke her from that nightmare.

There was a sudden pain in her stomach while her legs felt numb. Sona let out a frightened cry and buried her face into her pillow. Even her breaths trembled. She swallowed and once again turned to see the darkness of her room. Her head was throbbing. She needed help.... But she didn't feel like waking up Pooja. She felt like she had already troubled them much.

"Maa..." she sniffled, wishing her mother was near her.

Dev's POV

It was the most restless night for me. I didn't know why I couldn't fall asleep. Her message brought a strange happiness inside me. Even then, I couldn't smile genuinely from the bottom of my heart. She was trying to initiate a conversation and that really warmed me up. But could I ever move on from the past and behave normally?

I tried pulling the duvets and forced myself to sleep. But sleep was far away. I didn't understand why. The pillows were fluffed, the temperature in the room was perfect and even my favourite night light was on. However, no matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't get my sleep. My eyes were open like the entrance to a tunnel. I kept on staring at the bare ceiling in a daze. Walking to the kitchen, I heated a cup of milk and added a pinch of cinnamon to it. With that, I walked out to my balcony, lit the lights on and sat down on the swing.

Suddenly the vibration in my pocket brought me out of my reverie. Who was calling me at 3am? I quickly took out my phone and starred at the caller ID.

Sonakshi?

I quickly answered the call and placed it on my ears. There was no greeting from the other side. It was just silent. The only sound I heard was the sound of her breaths. She was indeed breathing heavily...