1877- London, England

"Lottie! I have a great idea for another invention!" Henry Branwell shouted as he ran into the dinning room, his red hair a mess from hours of working on his inventions. He sat down in his seat and laid some papers with sketches and equations scribbled all over them. Charlotte looked over at them from her seat and asked, "What is it, Dear?"

"A time machine." Henry said and Charlotte stared at him with her fork halfway to her mouth. "With help from a warlock, Magnus might be willing, I should be able to get it working fairly soon." 

"Who's going to test it?" Charlotte replied and put her fork on her plate, "Isn't it risky?"

"Yes and I don't have someone to test it, yet."

"Henry..."

"I could test it, if it works I'll know how to get back..."

"Henry..."

"But I probably should not go alone..."

"Henry..."

"Maybe Will will want to go with me, or even Magnus..."

"Henry."

"Hmm... What?"

"I don't want you testing it."

"Why?"

"I don't want anything to happen to you."

"I'll be safe, I'm going to perfect the calculations tonight."

"Calculations for what?" Will asked as he walks into the room. Henry tells Will of the plan and Will sits down in his chair at the table. Jem, Tessa and the Lightwood brothers come in shortly after and instead of repeating himself multiple times Henry waited until they were all there for him to explain again. Will volunteered to test the device after it is completed and Jem volunteered along with Will, claiming that he is not going to let his parabatai go alone and with out him. There is no telling what it could do to their bond. Tessa  tried to volunteer to go as well but Gabriel brought up the point of Tessa being immortal and no matter how far in the future they go there will be the possibility of two Tessas. They all agreed that Tessa should stay in the institute. 

     A week later Henry and Magnus perfected the time machine and Will and Jem got ready for their Journey into time. The boys met Henry and Magnus in the crypt. When they got there they were greeted by Henry, Magnus, Charlotte, Tessa, the lightwood boys and even Sophie. Henry and Magnus got the machine set up while everyone watched and waited.

     The machine was a peculiar thing. It had a platform and upon the platform were three columns going up into another platform that was identical to the other. The machine was all silver and metallic with runes scattered across the surface. The platforms started to glow a faint blue while the runes glowed a bright orange. The blue light got brighter and more blue. 

     Charlotte looked over to Henry's face, tinted blue and smiling, full of excitement and anticipation. The machine flared brighter and everyone waited. "It works!" Henry exclaimed and threw his arms up in victory and Charlotte couldn't help a small smile. Magnus turns to Will and Jem and says, "Now's your chance." Gabriel moves to back away from his place close to the machine but Will grabs his arm and pushes him in front of himself. Gabriel lets our a cry of surprise and disappears. "Will!" Charlotte, Tessa,  and Jem exclaim. "What?" He replied with a smile. Will steps onto the platform and everyone watches as he disappears. Jem is soon to follow.