London, England (Part 2)

Aria opened her eyes and watched as the sun rose and filled the dark night sky with orange light. 'How could the sky look so beautiful on such a horrible day?' Aria asked herself. She took a few more deep breaths before she walked back into Lily's home. When she walked in she got hit in the face with the smell of bacon and eggs. Lily was in the kitchen cooking, Isabelle was sitting in the kitchen talking to Lily and the rest were conversing in the living room. Aria walked into the living room and sat down next to Gabriel on the couch she tried so hard to sleep on last night. Isabelle saw her and walked over with a plate of bacon scrambled eggs.

"Here", Isabelle handed Aria the plate and a fork, "you need to keep your strength up".

"Thank you" Aria replied and slowly ate the eggs. As she ate she started listening to the conversation in the living room; they were talking how different and alike today and the 1800s are. 

     After everyone ate they all talked about how they can find Zara's body. Tracking runes won't work. Neither would tracking spells. Then Lily suggested tracking by scent. "It's not like I haven't done it before and I know Zara Herondale. I know her scent." Lily stated. 

"How do you know Zara?" Aria asked.

"When her parents were in Ireland they would let us hang out, They said it was good for her to be able to be friendly with downworlders, unlike many Shadowhunters they knew." Lily replied. Aria then agreed to let Lily try to find Zara's body, so they all stepped outside. Lily walked down to the sidewalk and did a big sniff of the air. She took a few more sniffs and turned to face Aria. "Her trail is very faint and then it disappears. If her body was on earth or in the realm the trail wouldn't stop that abruptly."

"So she's not in England?" Aria asked.

"She's not in this realm." Lily replied. "It's happened before. She, or her body, could be in A) another dimension, B) The City of Bones, or C) The realm of Faerie."

"We can rule out the city of bones, since she was taken be demons." Jace stated, And there they stood, thinking and brainstorming where Zara, or her body, could have gone. Aria was not very happy that that is how they spent the rest of the day. Aria thought they were getting nowhere with finding Zara and Isabelle keeps reassuring Aria that they will find Zara. Lily makes everyone lunch and then dinner while helping with what she can. It was growing dark and they are now eating dinner. Magnus and Alec are outside taking a break from everyone else, Aria is picking at her food; knowing that she should eat but being too conflicted and grief stricken to find the energy to lift her fork. Lily looked up from her plate of half ate food and focused her eyes in the distance.

She caught a fresh scent.

The scent seemed to appear out of nowhere and she knew immediately what the scent was. Lily stood up abruptly, still holding her fork. The scent is different but it's still noticeably her. Lily drops her fork onto her plate.

"What's the matter" Aria asks Lily. Lily ignores the question and walks to and opens the door to her home. She walks outside, she passed Alec and Magnus, down the steps and looked towards the park. That is where the scent is coming from. Lily then gets a clearer scent. She smells human, Angel and Demon; a Nephilim and a Seelie to be exact. Then Lily sees them. Two girls running away from the park. It's Zara and a Shadowhunter. 'Zara. She's alive' Lily thought and then told Alec to get Aria. Lily walks down to the street and then breaks into a run towards the two girls that are still too far away for human eyes to see, especially with this dark of lighting. Lily could see that Zara was half dragging the other girl as they tried to run. Lily is approaching the two girls and Zara speeds up. When they reach each other, Lily catches the girl before she falls out of Zara's grip.

"You have to get her to safety." Zara says, unemotionally.

"I can keep her in my home for now," Lily replies, "Come on." Zara shakes her head and looks at Aria who is standing on the bottom of step of Lily's house. "She needs you. She needs to know you are okay."

"But what if..." Zara starts to say but gets cut off by Lily. "You are her Parabatai. She won't hate you." Lily states as Aria is slowly walking over to them.

"You can't know for sure." 

"Does anyone ever know anything for certain?" Lily replies. Zara sighs and walks up to Aria. As soon as they are in reaching distance, Aria engulfs Zara in a hug and puts her head on Zara's shoulder. Lily leaves them there and brings the girl inside, the girl was already passed out and Lily put her on one of the couches.