London, England

Aria, Isabelle, Alec, Jace, Magnus, Will, Jem and Gabriel went off to look for Zara. Aria led the search and they almost got out of London when the tracking rune faded. Aria gasped and fell to her knees. Her hand went straight to her Parabatai rune on her right arm. When she pulled her hand away it was covered in blood. Her eyes widened as she stared at her hand and felt the string, connecting Zara and her souls', snap. Tears slowly traveled down her face as she tried to push back the immense pain that the snap caused. Isabelle hurried over to Aria and put her hand on Aria's shoulder. When Isabelle saw what was happening she pulled Aria into an embrace and let Aria silently cry into her shoulder.

     After a minute, Aria pulled away from Isabelle and wiped her face to get rid of the tears. Aria stood up while quietly thanking Isabelle. Aria looked at the rest of the Shadowhunters and the warlock. "Sorry," She said, "I understand if all of you want to go back home, and go right ahead, but I have to look for her body. She needs a proper goodbye and I might be able to murder those sons of bitches that killed her."

"I'm staying with you," Isabelle said, "And there is no need to apologize."

"I'll stay too," Magnus said, "you might need help and a way home when you find her." The rest also agreed to stay and help.

"Thank you." Aria said and looked to the sky. "It is going to be dark soon."

"We should find a place to stay for the night." Isabelle said, "I know someone that doesn't mind a bunch of people coming over unannounced." Isabelle paused, "As long as no one has anything against werewolves." It only took a few minutes to get to the werewolf's small home. They lived right in London, Trevor street to be exact. Isabelle went up the few steps up to the door and knocked. They heard someone running to the door and it flew open a few seconds later. In the doorway was a smaller girl, about 18, with purple and blue long hair. She wore a Nirvana shirt with black skinny jeans and mismatched socks. She also wore a bright smile that fell when she saw seven Shadowhunters accompanied by a warlock standing at her door.

"Damn, I thought you were the pizza-man." The girl said in an Irish accent. 

"Hey, Lily." Isabelle said. "Mind if we crash for the night?"

"Come on in, Izzy," Lily replied, "But first." She lowered her voice, "Can you introduce me to him?" She nodded towards Alec.

"You have no chance with him"

"Why do you say that?"

"That's my brother. Yes, the guy one." 

"Dang it." Lily said and stepped aside to let the Shadowhunters and the warlock through the doorway. She closed the door after they were all in. "Feel free to sleep wherever. the bathroom is over there. keep the door open when it is not in use." Lilly said and points to the farther side of the main room, next to the kitchen.

"Thank you." Isabelle said. 

     Alec and Magnus slept on the floor together. Jace, Will, Jem and Gabriel spread out on the rest of the available space on the floor. Isabelle slept on one couch and Aria on the other, although  Aria did not sleep much. She has always had troubles sleeping and with half of her soul gone it is even more difficult.

     Aria finally gave up around four in the morning. She got up and walked over to the door, stepping over a few sleeping boys. She quietly opened the door and stepped out, closing the door gently behind her. Aria stood against the wall next to the door and breathed in the fresh air. It has been awhile since she has been back to Europe, almost three years. The smells and memories of home came back to her, she closed her eyes and let them take her to a happier place.

     The first memory was when she was living in Scotland, her mother ran the institute there. Aria would run down the hallways and explore every room, making up different games to play while her mother was busy. It was always quiet there, Aria being the only kid. Sometimes other Shadowhunters would visit and sometimes they brought their kids, knowing Aria was there or wanting their children to see other institutes and Shadowhunters. One day there was a small girl, only a few months older than Aria, walked in by herself. The girl was from Germany and Arai had troubles understanding her broken English with the German accent. Arai's mother talked to the girl and they soon found out that her name is Zara and she was sent to Scotland because it was too dangerous for her at the time in Germany. Zara was always eager to learn about anything; Scottish culture, native Scottish language, more English, more about weapons and fighting, and why Aria's hair is silver. Aria told her the truth that no one knew why and she was just born with it, Silver hair is usually caused by an addiction to Yin Fen, but she's never been anywhere near it. Zara played with Aria and they taught each other different games. The connection was instant and Aria was so happy she finally had someone to play with.

     The next memory was the Parabatai ceremony. They were both eager and happy about what was about to happen. A bond greater than blood until death parts them, Their bond kept growing after that, they learned to fight side by side and how to draw on each other's energy.

     The last memory was three years ago when they left Scotland to explore other institutes. They went to different institutes for almost  three years until they went to the New York institute. That is also where they stayed until this trip to England.