Chapter 6-Trucked Out

Aspen was in the lab with Leo and Adam. The two friends were trying to help Adam prepare for his driving test. The three were using a red Davenport industries golf cart, and a crash dummy as a passenger. Aspen loved Adam but there was no way, he was driving her anywhere until she knew that he passed it.

"Alright, Adam, I borrowed Big D's hydrogen-powered golf cart to help you train for your drivers test. First up: Seat belts." Leo told him.

"Okay, focus." Adam said, and buckled himself, "YES!" Adam threw his hands up in the air, "Zero to buckled in under five seconds." Adam and Leo high-fived. And then Chase came down, laughing at the sight before him.

"Hey, look! A dummy driving a dummy!" He said before going back to his brief case.

Suddenly Adam got distracted by a button, "What's this button do?" He asked, pressing it just as Leo screamed, "NO!"

The car zoomed forward, Chase screaming as it almost crashed into him, but Leo reminded him of the break, and he stepped on it in time. The crash dummy that was in the passenger seat went flying out and knocked Chase down.

"I wish all buttons did that." Adam said.

********

Even after what happened with the crash dummy in the lab yesterday, Adam still went to take his drivers test, and everyone was sitting around for him and Donald to get back. Bree was reading a magazine, Chase was playing on his PS Vita, Aspen was sitting on the couch next to Bree, bitting her thumb nail, nervous for her boyfriend, and Leo was being impatient.

"I cannont believe Adam is not back from his driving test yet! What is taking so long?" Leo asked.

"Two words: Adam. Test." Bree said.

"Man, if he passes, it's good news for us, and bad new for everyone on road." Chase said, going back to his game.

"Well, he had to pass! I need him to dive me to that party on Saturday." Leo said, and Chase and Bree looked jealous.

"I could've drove you." Aspen said, "You remember. I have 4 cars."

"What Party?" Chase asked.

"You have 4 cars?" Bree asked, Aspen who shrugged.

"The one you weren't invited to." Leo laughed seriously.

Chase put his game down and Bree sat her magazine down.

"You got invited to Caroline Davis' party and I didn't?" Bree asked.

"Neither did I." Chase reminded her.

"No surprise there." Bree retorted before turning back to Leo, "Why were you invited?"

"Oh, Bree, I'm climbing the social latter." Leo explained, "There are now three of four ladies who now make eye contact with me in the hallway."

"Really?" Aspen asked.

"Okay, it's two, but I'm going to the party!" Leo said, defensively.

"Aspen, you don't see nothing wrong with this? We're you invited?" Bree asked.

"Well duh, I'm Aspen Johnson." Aspen had a smirk on her face, "But I'm not going. Adam and I made plans for Saturday if he get's his license."

We heard the door unlock and they all stood up.

"He's home!" Bree exclaimed, but only Tasha walked in the door, and everyone sat back down, disappointed.

"Oh, it's just you." Leo said.

"Nice to see you, too." Tasha spoke sarcastically.

"Sorry mom, how's it going?" Leo asked.

"Great! I've had the best day! It all started when-" Tasha started, but they heard a car park, and Leo pushed her aside.