Chapter 13- Aspen and Adam Are Over?

"Has Aspen been acting strange to you guys?" Adam asked his brothers and sister as they sat around the lab.

For a week, she hand't been at school, and Friday morning she showed up but still wasn't talking to the Davenports. Chase looked down at his phone which had his text messages from Aspen open.

"Guys, I have a uh, uh, a thing I need to be at in fifteen minutes." He stood up, locking his phone and stuffing it in his packet.

"You know what's wrong with Aspen!" Leo accused, pointing a finger at the youngest Davenport.

"What? No!" Chase exclaimed.

"Yes you do." Bree said.

"Chase, what the hell is going on with my girlfriend?" Adam asked, glaring at his brother.

"I promised that I wouldn't tell you!" Chase exclaimed.

"My girlfriend has been ignoring me for the last week and you can't even tell me?" Adam asked in disbelief and Chase looked down at his feet, "Is she cheating on me? Is it with you?"

"What? No!" Chase exclaimed once again, "She's not cheating on you and it's certainly not with me! Aspen loves you!"

"You know what? I'll go ask her myself." Adam told them before storming out of the lab.

*******
Adam walked right into Chandler's house, ignoring the calls from said owner and Alyx.

Going up the stairs, he slammed the door open to find Aspen blow drying her hair.

"Adam? What are you doing here?" She asked confused, looking down at her phone as it dinged, indicating that she had gotten a text, but not just any text, the text she had been waiting on all day.

"Who is it? Is it with who you're cheating on me with?" He asked, reaching for her phone but she moved in his way so he couldn't get to it.

"What are you talking about? Why would you think I'm cheating on you?" She asked.

"You've been ignoring us for a week! You haven't been to school except Friday and even then you didn't talk to us! Then come to find out, your talking to Chase!" Adam shouted, "So who is he?!"

"I'm not cheating on you!" Aspen shouted back, "And I can't believe that you would think that I actually would!"

"Well, I don't know what to believe when my girlfriend is ignoring me but talking to my younger brother!" He shouted.

"Your unbelievable!" Aspen shouted as Adam walked towards her door, "Adam! You walk out that door and I'm done! We're done!"

Adam paused at the door, his hand in the knob, "Then I guess we're done, Aspen!" And just like that he walked out the bedroom, slamming the door shut as he went.

Aspen's lip trembled and tears rolled down her cheeks as she slid to down the wall, sobs falling past her lips.

******
After their break up and Adam coming home, telling his siblings about it, they didn't that Aspen would show up at school, but they were surprised when she did and damn did she look better than ever.

She was wearing a pair of ripped black skinny jeans, a white t-shirt that she had gotten out of Alyx's closet this morning, and the leather jacket that she had for years and she was surprised that it still fit. On her feet were a pair of Doc Martins and her make up darker than usual but she made it work and her hair was as straight as she could get it.