spiraling downward

You jumped face first onto your couch and groaned loudly into the pillow. You haven't even been in England a week and everything was already spiraling downward. Tord wasn't even your boyfriend and you had No idea how to think of him now.

      Maybe you could give Matt a shot. He really seemed to like you and Tord threatened your life. And you didn't even want to bring up the crazy picnic. There was a quiet chirp from upstairs and a realization hit you. "DUCKY!!" You screamed and ran upstairs to your little cockatiel.

The small yellow and gray bird chirped angrily at you. You looked around the bedroom and ran back downstairs, sliding on the hard floor and hitting your hip on the ground. You checked the room's windows before standing up and walking to the kitchen. You grabbed a bowl and poured in some bird feed.

You sighed as the small bird, now outside of his cage, was standing literally in the bowl pecking at the food and eating it. "I'm sorry, little buddy." The little bird looked up at you and made a little whistle before beginning to eat again. You frowned and suddenly heard a knock on the door.

Ducky looked up and flew down the stairs before you had a chance to react. "Y/n! I know you're home." The horribly familiar voice yelled from outside. Ducky chirped angrily and the door. You grabbed Ducky out of the air in one quick movement.

"What do you want, Tord?" You muttered from inside, holding the tiny bird carefully. "I want to say sorry." His voice broke a bit as if he was going to cry. "Please don't tell me you're going to cry.." you sighed and suddenly screamed as Ducky practically stabbed her beak into your finger.

You cried out and let go of the bird.  He almost immediately flew into the door and fell on the floor, chirping angrily. At that moment, you realized you didnt lock the door as Tord barged in, barely missing stepping on the tiny bird.

You were holding onto your hand and Tord took it in his. His hold was gentle as blood fell from the side of your finger. "I'm sorry i kicked you out." He sighed, looking you in the eyes. You blinked at him with confusion.

"I.." you began