Little girl from Texas

Selene

It's been three weeks since my baby died and I haven't been outside or answering my phone. My brother came to live with me for a little while. He just wants to make sure I'm ok but I hate to tell him I'm never going to be ok.

Max and I haven't spoken since I was released from the hospital. Unfortunately he and I both blame the other for her leaving this earth before us.

There was a knock on my door. "Come in, I guess." I said trying to grab my bottle on the nightstand. my brother walked in shaking his head at me. "Ally you know you shouldn't drink that. And Max is here he said he needed to talk to you about something." he says to me trying to make it to where it looks like I have at least moved around the house even though the only moving I did was to pee and to get my bottle from the other side of the room.

"Max she's in her room." I heard Craig say while going down the stairs. Then a few minutes later I hear someone coming up the stairs no doubt that it was Max.

"Hey Selene I want to talk to you about our relationship. I know that it might be a touchy subject." he said trying not to make me go for another bottle. "Ok. Let me say this first. I have been in love with you since I was 18 and I still am. I just don't know if we are going to recover from this. Losing a baby has caused married couples to break up." I said on the verge of tears.

"I know. I did some research on it. And I've been in love with you since you were 19 years old and first starting out as our manager. I am always going to be in love with you. I wouldn't do this if I knew there was any other way. If it wasn't for what happened to us I would be here everyday taking care of you and her. You remember when you were visiting your dad and stepmom in Texas and I showed up just to see you that year. You thought I was crazy for doing that." Max said hoping it would make me laugh. All it did was make me smile at him.

"Yeah. You remember when I told you I was born in Texas? I was actually thinking of going back for a little while. Craig is awesome trying to take care of me but the truth is I need someone who knows what I'm going through like my dad. It's like Craig said I'm still a kid sometimes. I hope you find someone who will treat you well and can handle having your baby. I just want to ask you one thing before we break up." I said to him as he sat there staring into my brown eyes.

"Anything for you babe. I hope the same for you. I just wish sometimes it would be you and me walking out hand in hand proving to everyone after everything we have been through we over came it and are together til the end. I know that wont happen though. Not after losing our daughter." Max said his eyes beginning to water like he was about to cry.

"Will you stay here with me tonight? I miss you and plus I think Craig should go home. He won't leave unless I have someone here to take care of me."

"Yeah I'll stay with you. I miss you too. I can't get you out of my head at least not the last three weeks. I love you Selly." He says kissing my forehead then leaving the room.

"Craig dude, I'll stay here and take care of Selene you can go home and take care of your daughter. I'm sure she misses you." Max said to my surprised big brother.

"Are you sure man? I mean she's been in her room not coming out at all for weeks. She even got a months supply of alcohol in there." he says to my boyfriend like he thinks Max will relapse.

"Yeah don't worry about me I will get her up and moving again. I always do. Later man."

With that my brother left an Max came up stairs and laid down next to me. We were like that for an hour. Finally Max told me we should go out for dinner. So I got up and took a shower. Max had my clothes in his hands as I came out of the bathroom. He helped me get dressed and we left. As he told my brother he got me up and moving around.

When we came home he and I sat down on the couch. When I was with him today it was like our first date. Like nothing we went through ever happened. I didn't want to let him go for anything.

We were together in each others arms all night.

Max

I stayed with Selene all night. It reminded me of the day I fell in love with her. I felt like we were going to be ok. I truly loved her but she made up her mind. We can't be together because of what has happened to us the last few years. She had gotten pregnant with my baby before the only people who knew was her and I.

She miss carried with the baby before we knew if it was a boy or a girl. This last time it was a girl ad she was born a few months to early and didn't make it. I want to be with her and have a baby with her. Just our luck isn't really that good lately. Ever since that night with my ex everything with Selly has gone down hill. I wish there was a way to get that back. I want to grow old with this girl.

"Morning, how long have you been up?" Selene asked me yawning.

"Morning, not long just long enough to think about stuff while watching you sleep in my arms." I replied trying not to kiss her.

"Want some breakfast then. I think Craig has had my pantry and food supply packed incase I got hungry." She said getting up off the couch.

"umm yeah sure. I could eat something." I said following her into the kitchen.

She stopped in the middle of the kitchen and turned around til she was facing me. She looked like she had something on her mind. I just couldn't tell what it was. I opened my mouth to say something and she just turned back around. I have to figure out what it is she was thinking.

Ten minutes after our little, I don't even know what to call it, she had finished breakfast. We ate and then she went to her room. She was there for an hour and then came down stairs tears running down her face.

"baby what's wrong?" I was freaking out at this point.

"nothing is wrong it's just. I had a wonderful dream last night and I woke up an found out it wasn't a dream. I don't want to break up Max I don't. I'm completely in love with you and us breaking up right now would kill me." that's when I noticed the cuts on her wrist. They weren't there last night. Must have been when she went into her room. Right as she walked up to the couch, where I was at, she collapsed. I picked her up and drove to the hospital as fast as I could.

Her phone rang and I answered it.

Jaime had called to see if she was ok. When I told him and everyone else what happened they all rushed to the hospital. Katie and Craig were the first two there. Craig gave me the riot act and when I explained what happened he apologized and felt bad.

"Mr. Green, your girlfriend is safe thanks to you. If they had gotten any worse she would have been in a lot of trouble. We are going to have to keep her here for a little while so we can be sure she is ok." the doctor told me.

Once everyone was there we explained everything. We all stayed the night at the hospital cause we could see her tomorrow when she wakes up.