Chapter 5.5: The Swimmer and the War Veteran Take to Battle!

Taylor

     Nugget Bridge was well worth the visit! As I suspected, Team Rocket was around to attack new trainers. I fought five of them off and returned the pokemon they stole to their rightful trainers. The people around there began to call me a hero! Once the villains were arrested, I began to do some training. It didn't go so well, but I did catch a Bellsprout! A short moment later, some of the trainers that were praising me a hero asked for a battle. I took them up on their challenge and beat them all. My Spearow evolved into its final form, Fearow, increasing its base power from 262 to 442.  My newly caught Bellsprout also evolved into a Weepinbell, powering up from 300 to 390. I then visited a man named Bill who lived at the end of Couple's Cape. He gave me some really good advice on raising pokemon and gave me two tickets to board the S.S. Anne, and I know just who to invite!

     He also informed me on how pokemon evolve using different methods. I didn't know why he was giving me this lecture, but he then pointed out my Nidorino and told me that it had one more, more powerful evolution. All I needed was a moon stone. He also shared that many pokemon evolve through the power of certain stones, like my Weepinbell. I began to look through my carrying bag, and just as I thought, I picked up a moon stone while I was adventuring through Mt. Moon. I let my Nidorino touch the stone, and it immediately began evolution! It evolved into a Nidoking, with its new base power at a monsterous 495! If there's anything I learned from Bill, it's that a pokemon with a base power over 470 is considered extremely powerful and are sought after by trainers that truly want to become the greatest.  To have a pokemon with that kind of power this early in my journey meant a whole lot to me! Now I could get back to even footing with Hiroshi's 540 power level Gyarados! Bill then went on to say that even though numbers rate a pokemon's strength, a pokemon's true power rests within the trainer's love and confidence for their pokemon. I thanked Bill for everything and returned to Cerulean City. Now, my fight with Misty was to begin. Eep! I sound so intense!

Hiroshi

     Vermilion City. The path here was simple, minus the part where the guards wouldn't let me walk through Saffron City. Team Rocket invaded the place and turned some company into its team base. Everyone who claimed to be strong enough to take them down has become their captives. Even the city police has been defeated, and the current champion doesn't want to come down and help. A coward like him doesn't deserve the title of champion. My sister, Kayle, would like to come and help like all the other gym leaders, but they have to protect their own cities from criminals. The leader of Saffron, Sabrina, couldn't fight all the gang members plus their boss at the same time and was taken captive. I wish I could help, but not also will the guards not let me inside, but I know that my team isn't strong enough to take them all. All I can do is just wait till the time is right. If Sabrina stays hostage, I'll never get all the badges. Her rescue is my priority.

     I took an underground path to cross underneath Saffron to get to Vermilion. I fought a couple of trainers along the way. They helped my Abra evolve into a Kadabra. I also asked a trainer to trade pokemon with me and then trade back because Kadabra only evolves into Alakazam through trade. After our trade and back, I got my Kadabra back as an Alakazam. Its base power is 490, putting it amongst the most powerful pokemon. Not many trainers are lucky enough to have an Alakazam. With two powerful pokemon at my side, nothing should pose much a threat to us. Nothing to do but challenge the gym.

     As I walked in, there were a bunch of trash cans scattered around the room. Lt. Surge yelled "There are two trash cans with an active lever in them. Hit them in the wrong order and they'll reset with two more lever becoming active. You unlock em', then we'll talk." I tried to reach into one of them, but it shocked me. "Hitting a wrong lever shocks you, but a real fighter toughs it out through pain!" he said. After 7 different shocks, I was about ready to call it in, until my Alakazam came out and used its psychic powers to reveal the two levers in order. I pulled on each and the door to the leader opened. Maybe I scared him, because he was about to congratulate me until he saw my face. I marched ahead with killer intent. This fight shouldn't be long.