Back to the past

Eunwoo P.O.V

I woke up to the sound of my moms voice screaming at me, I turned over and saw my moms face in front of mine.

"What do you want mom?"

"where were you last night, i was worried?"

"I-"

"Do you have a girlfriend? If you have a girlfriend you can't go around without telling your boss or me, rumours might spread, your career will be ruined, you have to break up with her now,or do you have a boyfriend, like your disgusting brother did. No you're an amazing kid you'd never be one of those"

"I-"

"No arguments your breaking up with her now"

"I-"

"DONT TRY TO ANSWER B-"

"JESUS CHRIST AM I NOT ALLOWED TO EXPLAIN ANYTHING IN THIS FAMILY!"

My mom jumped back slightly, shocked at how i had retorted against her.

"I met up with a friend from school, and before you say anything it was a boy,we just went out to get bubble tea and i didn't tell you because you weren't home, like usual"

"Anyway just get ready for school and go, i won't be home for a few days because of a business trip"

"k"

I pushed my mom out of the door and went in my closet ,to pull out my uniform and put it on. 

I wish i could tell my family and everyone i know about me being gay, but I'm too scared,the way people in South Korea treat the lgbtq+ community disgusts me, yet terrifies me. 

After what happened to my brother i realised how shit this country is.

flashback

My mother held me by the hand and took me into the house after taking me out shopping,we got stopped many times so people could call me cute, that i've heard enough times already. Since it was my brothers birthday soon be bought him lots of presents ,and food,for the surprise party we were going to throw for him. I followed my mom upstairs and helped her put everything into the previously empty store cupboard in between me and jonghyuns rooms.

"Dongmin ,do you want to go and get your brother so we can eat lunch with him"

"okay mommy"

I smiled cutely,jumping up and kissing my mom on the cheek. I ran over to my brothers room and knocked on the door, since i didn't get a reply i ran back to my mom.

"Mommy he didn't answer"

"It's okay,he'll listen to me"

My mom went towards Jonghyuns room and i followed behind slowly.

"Jonghyun?"

No answer

"Jonghyun sweety ,are you there"

No answer

She knocked on the door once,then twice.

"Jonghyun I'm coming in"

She opened the door ,her eyes widening at the sight before her.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS!"

"Mom i can explain!"

Jonghyun shouted in fear ,his voice cracking whilst doing so, i ran towards my brothers room and looked in to see my brother and another boy. When i looked in i saw my mom pulling the other boys hair and dragging him out of the room, throwing him on the floor. The boy was crying and holding back screams of pain, my eyes widened,shocked at what my mom was doing. On impulse i ran forward to try and help the boy that was being hurt by my mother, i tried to push her off ,i tried to do anything that could help. In the end all that happened was me being flung against the wall behind me, a crunch sound echoing around the pained silence. Tears streaming down my cheeks, my arm throbbing with pain,already going purple. I tried to stand but the pain was stopping me, i just sat there crying, trying to scream for help but the terror itself stopped me from doing so. Jonghyun came out of his room, limping ,obvious tear streaks down his face. He looked back from me to the boy ,then me to the boy. He was obviously choosing which one to help ,i tipped my head towards the boy being trapped under my mother,it was obvious he needed the help more than me. Jonghyun nodded slightly ,going over to the my mom and the boy, he tried lifting my mother off of him by lifting her but all she did was hit him and kick him.