Chapter 10

Marley's P.O.V.

Anonymous: I hope you realize that you can't run from me forever. I will ruin you and take Shawn for myself
~M

I stare at my phone in shock. I know exactly who this came from and I'm not going down without a fight.

Hayes' P.O.V.

I walk hand in hand with Carolyn down to the lobby so we can get some food. She gets a text and I see her read it. Her facial expression changes from happy to unreadable in a matter of seconds. I wonder what that's all about.

"Hey Hayes I'm going to go to the bathroom real quick. Will you go get us a place to sit?" Her tone of voice is a little bit frantic. I see her hurry off in one direction and I go in the other. I walk into Chick-fil-A and see there are no places to sit, so I turn back around and go try to find Carolyn. I turn the corner and stop dead in my tracks. I see her talking to a guy around her age and I would be surprised if he doesn't have a girlfriend. They were speaking in hushed tones.

"...I thought I told you.... but he never... what if Hayes finds out?" the last part of the conversation made me want to know more. I got a little closer so I could hear the entire conversation.

"You got into this mess and besides why can't he know about me?" he asks.

"Because he will probably break up with me and I...." she says something else but I don't want to hear it. I've heard enough. I walk away and back into Chick-fil-A hoping to find a spot. Luckily, there's one in the corner, and I walk to go sit down. Carolyn walks in and takes a seat in front of me. "Sorry I took so long" she says.

"It's okay" I say in a monotone.

"Are you okay? You were happy when I left."

"I'm fine. Quick question, what would you do if I cheated on you?" I ask. I see her face and immediately add "I promise I'm not, but what would you do if I were?"

"I would probably understand. I mean yeah I'd be mad, and sad too, but it would just mean that I'm not good enough for you. Don't worry it's happened before." she replies. I nod. "Now. What about you? What would you do if I cheated on you?"

"Probably punch the guy in the face, break up with you, and lock myself in my room because I wasn't good enough. By the way, who was that guy you were talking to?" I'm surprised I added that last part. I immediately see her tense up. "Are you cheating on me?" I ask quietly. I don't know if I want to know the answer.

"No." she replies simply.

"Then who was that guy you were with?" I'm still talking calmly. She takes a deep breath and waits a couple of seconds.

"Well his name is Connor and he's...."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Marley's P.O.V.

"What do you want?"
I text the 'anonymous' phone number.

"What I've always wanted.... Shawn. And you took that away from me. We used to be best friends and now I can't even look at you."
They reply.

"I never did anything to you. You're the one that went all psycho. Mikayla."
As soon as I send it, Shawn comes up behind me.

"Who's Mikayla?" I wait a couple seconds and take a deep breath.

"Mikayla's my......"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*A/N*
Sorry it took so long... I didn't know what to do.