✿Chapter 8: Comfort Zone

Kido POV

"I can't believe it I can't believe it I can't believe it I can't believe it I can't believe it!" Momo, Hiyori and Ene all chanted at the same time. We took the whole group to see the place Kano and I bought. Seto bought a truck like he always wanted, and he's on his way here now with most of our furniture. Mary tagged along with Seto, so everyone except them are here marveling at the place.

Hibiya looked at Shintaro, who seemed to be thinking the same thing he was thinking.

"Dibs!"

First come first serve!"

Both Shintaro and Hibiya ran inside to take a room, and the girls ran after them while yelling at them for not being fair. Konoha followed as well, but not with as much enthusiasm.

I laughed at how excited everyone seemed to finally get a new place. "Let's follow after them," I told Kano.

"Alright, but first-" He grabbed my shoulder and leaned in to kiss me. He gave me a peck on the lips before heading inside.

I met up with everyone in our soon-to-be living room. Apparently, Hibiya, Konoha and Shintaro will be sharing a room, and they ended up getting first pick after all. The girls decided they'd rather share a room than be separated, so they decided to take over the whole attic, which is basically two rooms. I assume Seto and Kano will be on the same floor as the boys, and that'll leave one more room for Mary and I to share on the same floor, unless she'd rather be up in the attic with the girls.

Hibiya said he wanted to use the basement as a "man cave", and I told him he could do that if he did the laundry now and then, since the laundry machines are all downstairs anyway. He said he'll do it, so I hope everyone else follows along and start doing chores. Some of us brought stuff from our old rooms, so everyone's just getting comfortable with the place and already decorating.

Before heading to my new room, Kano told me to head over to his, but to wait until everyone was doing their own thing. He went in first, and once I knew everyone would be busy doing something else, I snuck into his room.

---

Mary POV

Seto was so happy when he bought his new dark green truck. Well, it's used, but it's new to him. He said that he can take me out to dates easily now, and he can come back home sooner from work. Right now, we're driving to the new house, but Seto stopped at a convenience store and bought everyone snacks to celebrate.

He bought an ice cream bar to share with me, but it was melting pretty quickly. Seto said the A/C of his car didn't work, but other than that he loves his new car.

"Crap, could you lick that side? Hurry, it's going to get the car sticky," he said laughing. I wasn't laughing though. He wants me to lick.. his hand...

"Um," before I could say something, he said,

"Oh my God, sorry. I didn't mean it like that-"

"I know." I squeaked. He must have literally read my mind just now. That or I'm very easy to read.

"I'll just wait until the next red light. Sorry."

I somewhat felt disappointed in myself. It was just to prevent the car from getting dirty, right? Seto wouldn't have other ulterior motives than that. And so I did something I didn't think I was capable of.

I grabbed Seto's wrist and licked his finger where the ice cream started to melt.

"M-Mary?" I could tell he was flustered, but I didn't have the guts to look at him. I had goosebumps and my heart felt like it would rip out of my chest. Yes, that sounds a little graphic, but that's just how I feel right now. Nonetheless, I'm proud to be doing something daring for once.