✿Chapter 10: Green Thumb

Kido POV

As Kano and Seto were placing the kitchen furniture where Mary had specifically instructed them where to place them, Mary had decided to stay upstairs with the girls. Mary said it was because she wanted the small balcony up top to be a place specifically for her plants, and I agreed that it would be the perfect place. The balcony looked out into the backyard, where she would probably also inhabit with more plants.

All of this wouldn't have been possible if all of us hadn't pitched in for years. Mary had sold whatever arts and crafts she could craft; Ene helped Shintaro with Momo's career and music and such, which was a huge percentage in the funding for our house; Konoha started a mukbang show, shot and edited by Hibiya and Hiyori, and his views had skyrocketed overnight. Kinda weird, I'll admit, but I guess anyone can get famous nowadays.

I had picked up random retail jobs over the years, as well as Seto, but Kano would never tell me where he got insane amounts of money from. I know that the things he told me were lies, but I quit asking once I realized he would never give me the right answer. Maybe since we had reached our goal, he would be less secretive. Especially since our relationship has definitely changed since then.

Since Mary had not wanted to share a room with me, I decided to go a little crazy and take over the whole room. My room was on the first floor, along with the living room, the kitchen and one of our 3 bathrooms.

Momo, Mary, Ene, and Hiyori had the whole attic to themselves, which meant they had two rooms and a small balcony, and maybe a hallway big enough to add some stuff, like some of Mary's bigger plants. There's a lot of space for them up there, but I assume they're gonna get super cold up there during winter. Shouldn't be a problem, I guess, since Hiyori loves to hoard all kinds of blankets.

I know that Kano ended up taking what would be Hibiya and Konoha's room on the second floor and the second bathroom, which happened to be the biggest, so I don't know what they plan on doing. Seto will probably let everyone pick first and he'll just take whatever's left, and I know the boys don't want to be separated, so they'll either move in the other room on the second floor or-

A knock on my door stopped my train of thought, and I looked over to see Shintaro and Konoha standing there. "Hey, danchou."

"What's up?"

"Soooo, we decided to take over the whole basement since the girls took over the attic," Shintaro said a little too excitedly. The third bathroom was located in the basement, so the girls would have to use the bathroom on Kano's floor. There was also a washing machine and extra storage behind the stairs, sort of like a Harry Potter-esque living space. I bet Hibiya would take that spot as his.

"Kano took my room," said Konoha with a tinge of sadness in his voice, surprisingly.

I suddenly remembered that they were so not off the hook for what happened at that hotel. And, me being very good at making up punishments, a new one came to mind. "Perfect," I said, and I saw both of them tense, "then there should be no problem with assigning you three with doing laundry." I knew they knew they couldn't refuse. Before they left, I added, "Hey!" and threw one of my blankets their way. Konoha caught it perfectly. "Clean that for me, will ya?" and with that, they left.

I'm trying not to be too harsh with them since we're so busy moving into the house, but I just can't help it. The charges from the hotel would've really put a damper on our house funds if it wasn't for Momo's concert selling out that week.

And with that, I was done with my room. The black curtains I added made my room look a little too... dark, for lack of better words. Maybe I'll ask Mary to lend me a plant to keep in here. I should probably check on the kitchen, and hopefully, they have things under control. I've learned that nothing ever goes right when it comes to the Mekakushi Dan, but nonetheless they're family.