Difficult Relations - Kyle Hendricks

For -Ekblad5FLA

Aden's POV
Visits to Wrigley Field were a common occurrence for me. Ever since I started dating Kyle Hendricks, I've become close friends with the team and have been invited to many practices on the field. Today they were doing some simple batting practices and Kyle decided to bring me along. I was excited due to the fact my cousin, Ian Happ, was going to be there and I could talk to him about some recent family events.

Once we got to the field, Kyle got out of the car and rushed over to open my door. "Kyle. We've been dating for months now, you know you don't have to keep doing that." I say with a laugh. He only shrugs. "Well I like doing it. You deserve only the best." He explains as he kisses my forehead and links our hands together as we begin our walk from the parking lot to the field. Once inside the field, I see the boys have already started with some exercises and have moved on to start batting. "Are you working on batting or pitching today?" I asked Kyle as we got closer to the boys. "I think they want me on batting for a little bit." He said with a small smile. I smiled back up at him until I saw Ian. I waved at Ian and let go of Kyle's hand to go hug him. "Calm down, you act like we haven't seen each other in a year. I just saw you yesterday." Ian laughs. I let go off him and roll my eyes. "Just accept my love, Happ." I say before running to go see the rest of the boys, followed by Ian. Kyle walked slowly behind, trying not to let any jealousy get to him today.

I smiled when I saw Kris and hugged him. "Hey kiddo, how are you doing?" He asked as he ruffled my hair. I pushed him lightly while containing a laugh. "I'm a year younger than you, KB, no need to call me kiddo. And I'm doing just fine." I grumbled. He only laughed before taking a couple of practice swings. I said hi to the rest of the team before standing to watch Rizzo bat. I watched a ball soar off his bat when I felt an arm rest on my head. I looked up to see Ian casually watching Rizzo bat. I shoved him as he began to laugh while I tried acting mad. "I'm shorter than you but that does not mean I'm an arm rest, asswipe." I said smacking his arm playfully. He could only continue to laugh at me, resulting in me laughing along with him. Unbeknownst to me, Kyle watched from a distance, practically boiling with anger.

As practice continued on, Ian and I decided to take a walk around the park to discuss a recent engagement in our family. We were currently laughing at the story of how the couple met when I felt a hand grab my own and practically yank me back. I stumbled a bit but landed against a hard chest. I looked up to see a fuming Kyle. I try to talk but he starts talking. "Sorry, Ian, my girlfriend and I have other things we have to do today so we're gonna have to leave early." He practically seers. I begin to say that we don't have any other plans but the look Kyle gives me makes me think twice about saying anything. I look at Ian and I could tell he was concerned but decided to brush it off. "Well, alright man. Hope everything is alright. Bye, Aden! It was great talking to you today." Ian says with an awkward wave. "You too, Ian." I murmur before Kyle basically drags me away and towards the car.

When we get in the car, I expect him to blow up about something but he stays silent the entire ride home, his grip on the steering wheel telling me he truly was angry about something. As we pulled in the driveway, he immediately parks the car, gets out, and marches into the house. I knew he was angry at me with the fact that he didn't come open my door like he did earlier today. I let out a shaky breath before getting out the car and walking into the house. Once I close the door and walk into the living room, Kyle is there, looking at me as if I was the one thing he hated in life. I was immediately fearful of what he was going to do.

"I take you to my practices and games only for you to ditch me every single time for Ian and I am sick of it! I am sick of being the second choice and I am sick of excusing your cheating! I shouldn't feel bad for the fact that you're a whore that only uses me to get to my teammates! I'm done shrugging it off! So you can go and live with him for all I care! Go be a whore with him and see if he treats you any better than I ever did!" Kyle yells before I can get anything out. By the time he finishes, I have tears rolling down my face. I feel a mix of anger, betray, and hurt at his accusations of me cheating. "You are such an IDIOT, Kyle Hendricks! Do you seriously think I would ever cheat on you? Let alone with your own teammates? You are truly oblivious to how I feel about you if you think of me that lowly. Either way, Ian is my fucking cousin for Christ's sake! If you weren't too busy being an overprotective asshole, you probably would've remembered me telling you that! So maybe I will go stay with him. At least he doesn't accuse me of cheating when I've been nothing but loyal for 8 months!" I scream back, tears continuously falling from my eyes.

I don't let Kyle say anything as I storm out the house, not bothering to pack a bag. I just needed to get out of there.
I ended up at Ian's place, crying my eyes out as I explained what happened. He was fuming and it took everything I had to convince him not to hurt Kyle. He reluctantly agreed and we watched movies until I ended up falling asleep.

I woke up abruptly to the sound of knocking. I look around to see I'm still in the living room, the TV now turned off and Ian gone. I see I have a blanket around me and a pillow under my head. He must've done that when I fell asleep. I hear the knocking again and decide to go open the door. Once I do, my heart sinks. There stands Kyle, his face red and eyes puffy from crying. I walk outside and close the door as to not wake up Ian. "What do you want Kyle.." I muttered coldly. "Baby, I am so incredibly sorry for how stupid I was acting. I know my apology could never make up for the things I said to you but please know I would never mean any of that stuff I said. I was blinded by my jealousy and idiocy that I just completely forgot about Ian being your cousin. I could never make up for the way I acted but could you please let me try? I love you so much and I can't lose you." Kyle finished as he held my hand gently. I could see the sadness and hope in his eyes and I melted. "Look, I'm still disappointed in you, but I love you so I'll give you another chance." I said with a small smile. He let out a laugh of relief as he picked me up in a hug and spun me around. "I promise I will never hurt you like that again." He murmured as he set me down and kissed me. I smiled as we pulled away. "I know, Hendricks."