Chapter 3

I stood with Maddy in front of the school building, she looked at me and said: "You grin so mystically. What happened in the classroom?" „James-I knocked over him. He's really cute." I said absorbed in thought. „Be careful. There are rumors, that he's not serious with girls" she said in admonitory voice. „Do you really believe this? They are only rumors." I said still lost in my thoughts. „You're right." She said still a bit skeptical.

After the discussion we went to Maddy's house. I got to knew her whole family. She had two little brothers and one big sister. How could she live with so many people? Her house was big, but I'm the only kid at home so I'm not accustomed living with so many people in one house. Her big sister was a mean bitch and her two little brothers were annoying goblins, but her mother was nice - she was a single parent. I wondered how a single mother could enforce four kids. I spent the rest of the day with Maddy and in the evening I got tired and went home.

My Mom started to ask question after question, but I was too tired to explain everything so I only said, I would tell her tomorrow at breakfast and went into my room. The next day I explained every single detail to my parents, and once that was over I could finally go to school and see James again. And the others of course, too. On my way to school I met Ross, we talked, laughed and had a lot of fun...until the bell rang. Ross was in another class, I was a bit sad, but then I thought that I would see James now and immediately became happy again.

After class I was the last in the classroom, Maddy had to go to the 75th birthday of her grandma and Katy, Lucas and Ross were in other classes. I was putting my books in my locker, while somebody behind me said with a warm voice: „Hey All!" I turned around to see who gave me a shock. It was James, who smiled at me like the cat from „Alice in Wonderland". „Hey!" I said, while smiling back. „I was thinking, if you wanna come with me to the new open air bath this afternoon. And after that we could go and eat some ice cream. So what do you think?" He said. „Is he asking me out? At my 2nd day at this school?" I thought to myself. But he was so cute. I didn't want this chance to get lost, so I said happily: „ Yes, sure, that would be awesome!" I smiled.He smiled back. „Great. Can I pick you up? So you don't have to go alone." „Yes, why not." I replied and gave him my address.