Chapter 10- the new Janie

"Janie, wake up. Breakfast is ready" Lola called.
I turned around and was faced with the bright morning sunlight in my eyes.
"Come on missy. We have lots of work to do today, The boss has guests coming over tonight" she said coming up to me and kissing my lips softly.
I jumped a mile into the air hitting her hard on the forehead.
What the hell?
Why was she kissing me?
"I'm not gay!" I spat holding the sheets up to my neck hiding my naked body.
She just stared at me hectically while rubbing her head.
"What's up with you this morning? Woke up on the wrong side of the bed huh?" She asked moving away from me and putting on some clothes which was a tank top and shorts.
"How come your putting on clothes?" I asked.
"The boss isn't coming back till 7 pm. It's only 8 am. I'm not gonna be naked all day. I do have some kind of decorum. Mr Borne pays well that's the only reason I strip. Hey bills got to get pay some how" she said grabbing the broom and moving outside on the balcony to sweep.
I stared at her in amazement. She wasn't bad at all. She was human just like me.
I got out of bed and went for a shower.

We spent all day cleaning inside and outside the house.
We even cooked a entire buffet style meal, Texas style with different types of meat.
I was just annoyed. Why was I here doing all this for a man who did not even give a damn about me.

It was 6: 59pm and Mr Borne's car pulled up in front the drive way. Lola quickly ran off to get naked while I continued to stand there looking at all the food we cooked.

"Jane!" He called when he entered.

"Sir" I responded.

"I have something for you. Come here" he called from the front door.

I rounded the corner and met his tall gorgeous figure.

In his hand he held a gown bag.

'What's that?' I asked.
"It's your dress for tonight. You are accompanying me tonight" he said casually.
"Why can't Lola do it?" I asked quite rudely.
"Because I chose you. Now go get dressed, guest will be arriving any minute now" he hurriedly said.

 Now go get dressed, guest will be arriving any minute now" he hurriedly said

"Wow you look amazing" MR borne said. I blushed bright red.
I was so confused, why was he being so nice and letting me be a guest instead of his maid.

Soon there was dozens of guests every where and only Lola was serving. There were many times I wanted to go help her but Mr borne stopped me. I felt out of place and different. These rich people were not MY people, they were stuck up dicks. They laughed and made fun of the poor and I hated that.
Just then Mr Borne grabbed my hand and led me to a couple.
"Mr and Mrs Lovell this is Janie. She is helping me host tonight" he introduced.
"Helping you host huh?" Mr Lovell said.
"Gordon I believe he is trying to introduce us to his girlfriend" Mrs Lovell said.
"Dear, do you live here?" The older woman asked me.
"Yes Madam, I do" I said but I know the woman misunderstood me. She thought I was his girlfriend and that was why I was here but I was simply the maid. Before I could correct her, Mr Borne interrupted.
"Gloria, you don't need to state the obvious" he answered smoothly. I stared at him completely shocked. It was not obvious that I was the maid, I Was wearing a $5000 dress. I looked like a millionaire And I fit in with these people.
"Well Borne, she is definitely pretty" the guy said.
"Janie why don't you go greet our other guests by the time, I will be with you shortly" he said smiling a sensational flashy smile.
I was so confused, I didn't know the other guests why would he want me to greet them. Instead I made a dive for the kitchen to catch a break.
There Lola was washing some dishes and the food was laid out on the table.
"Hey" I said.
She turned around and gave me a hard stare.
I picked up the finger foods and placed them on the trays so that she can easily carry them out.
"You okay?" I ask her.
"Tell me why your out there and I'm here doing all the work? There are over 50 people here, I am struggling" she complained.
As I was about to reply to here Mr borne popped his head around the door and called "Janie, come take some pictures with me".
I mouthed "sorry" to Lola and left with him.

We took so many pictures and the entire time he kept me close to him, holding my waist. He made it seem like we were a couple and so in love. I actually was enjoying the night until.....