On seasonal depression

Fading tail lights bring me a sense of comfort that you were here. Then comes the accompanying heart ache that you're leaving. Flashbacks to childhood. Glad you can't go as long without me. Thank you for never forgetting me, for never making my heart jump when I hear a jeep, because I know it's not you. For when I hear you, it's always you, not my imagination. When I think of things that were I always attend my memories funerals. Sometimes plans for the future seem promising and sometimes laughable. If drinking made me forget as much as I wish I'd always be drunk, so goddamn drunk. And not off of nostalgia. Bruises show self love, decorating, body constellations. Some songs can't be listened to anymore for the rage they bring. Some scents have been forgotten. Do what's best for you even if you aren't happy, right? Talking to myself, even I don't listen. Summer is fading faster than dandelion wishes. Crazy as the suggestion sounds, stick around, life is getting better. Let fear dissolve with dying plants and falling leaves. Get excited for decades to come and more Earth orbiting. You are part of something of something huge and you are needed and important. Although I'm nothing but a contradiction I want to help, and sometimes the unadmittedly hopeless need to ask for help.
-FFK