Chapter 10

"Rennie..."

I knew that voice anywhere. I bit my lip and played along. Enormous hands darkened my vision and brought warmth into my cheeks. I laughed. "Yesss??..."

"You know that'll always be there for you, right?" The figure asked, as he leaned into my ear. "Always."

I smile. "Of course, I'll always be there for you too." I meant it. "Now hurry up and give me my boba." I pouted as I said the words.

He tsked. "Please?..."

I rolled my eyes underneath his hands, "pleeeeaaasssee."

"Good girl," I could tell that he smiled through those words. Finn took his hands off my face and planted a Classic Boba in my right hand. "Here's your change."

"Wait, I never gave you money," I looked through my backpack and five bucks were missing from my clutch. I gave a laugh of disbelief and turn to him. "What'd you do?" I held up my clutch and shook it.

"What you wanted was expensive, you ask for a lot." Finn had put his arms behind his head and looked at me with a toothy grin. I punched him. "Ow, what the hell?" I punch the plastic cover with my straw and take a sip. I hold out my drink.

"Really?" He stared at me with widened eyes. "Thanks!" And then he chugged the whole cup.

We stayed like that for a bit, letting the summer breeze brush our hairs. Watching birds that flew by and the trees that swayed very slowly.

"What happened that night? Or that morning?" Finn asked as he leaned in towards me. "Why didn't you want to be kissed?"

I shrugged. "I just thought that maybe he wasn't it. He wasn't gonna be my first kiss." I turned my head to him. "It didn't feel right to kiss a guy, who I knew my heart wasn't beating for anymore."

Finn pondered at this for a few moments, then broke the silence. "So you were cheating on him?"

"What?! Look at me, I barely got one guy to like me, how can I have had two guys liking me at the same time?"

After I had said that, Finn got red and I wasn't sure if it was because of the heat; or if he suddenly saw a pretty girl walk by. "I-it's possible."

"No way, I was an introvert before I met him. All the friends I have now are my friends from elementary. And that includes you."

"Well I'm glad you were an introvert."

I was shocked when I heard this, "why?"

Finn looks down at the ground and studies his Nikes. "Maybe 'cuz I want to be one of the only people you talk to..." 

I blushed and turned away. It's things like this that he says that gets my heart pounding. That day, I confirmed that I wanted Finn to be it. My first kiss. From the guy that my heart is beating for.

*I hope you guys like the story so far. I hope it isn't going downhill. I'll try to make the story better and not bore you guys out. Also, what are your favorite comfort foods? I love pizza and ice cream.*