Chapter 23 [Finale]

The bounce of a basketball can be heard outside and no doubt, it's Finn greeting me a good morning. I smile and put a coat on. I sneak outside my door and head for the back door, to heaven. I jog out to meet him at the fence. 

"There she is," his eyes turns his almond eyes into slits that make him look like a kitten. "Happy Birthday Rennie!" Finn holds his arms out as if he's proclaiming the most news-worthy statement on Earth. I bow my head and curtsey. 

"Why thank you!" 

"Since it's still Winter Break, I thought that maybe we could go on a picnic." He bends over and picks up a basket. 

"In forty-degree weather?" 

"Wow, you're picky. Fine, how about boba?" 

** 

Surprisingly, the shop is open and so we dine. Finn orders random cupcakes along with boba and we sit in one of the tables that have dividers made for privacy. I squeeze in with Finn's big body and look up at him. Even in the cold, Finn always wears a t-shirt under his jacket. I peel one of the sleeves down just enough to reveal his tattoo. I trace my fingers along the shape (and it's not excuse to touch his bicep). "Dragons are signs of good luck," he says as he watches me. "It did it's work." I smile when he said this. 

"Yeah, it did," I agree with a smile. I then kiss the dragon (and no not an excuse either),"Thank you Mr. Dragon." 

I look up at Finn and we stare at each other for a bit. "I got you something." 

"No, this is enough," I pick up my cup, "look. Boba! Yum!" Despite my protests, Finn reaches into his pocket and pulls out a chain. On the end, dangles a charm. Finn takes my hand and places the charm onto my palm. I bring my hand up to my face to inspect it. The charm is that of a bunny and a cat holding onto a branch. I rub my thumb over the engravings. "This is so cute." I thank him and squeeze his hand. 

As I admire the charm some more, Finn clears his throat. "Can I um... kiss you?" He turns away with red climbing his neck. 

"If it's you... I don't mind. You don't even need to ask," I reply. Finn slowly turns his head to meet my eyes, but I look down. He then brings my chin up and leans in. 

"Okay then."