Class Schedule

*This is basically Rennie's school schedule, so feel free to skip this chapter. I think. Jk, please read :D*

After Biology with Miss Best Teacher Ever, I had 2nd Period Choir. Great (fake smile) more ways to kill my self esteem. It was so cool because I got to sing on the school stage. Yip-yip horroray! (see what I did there?) Luckily, most of my classmates still had the Summer Hungover and only a few theater drama queens were in the same period of Humiliation Class as me.

3rd Period is Integrated Math with Ms. Chives. What the hell is Integrated Math you may ask? It's basically Geometry with a mix of advance math. So really, it's the exclusive class for math whizzes such as Sunny and apparently, (my schedule claims), me.

Then I went out onto the school blacktop (where white numbers are painted) near the gym, which is right next to the swimming pool; which is right across from the P.E. offices. Yup, 4th Period is P.E. where I will be watching Finn best people in all sports and be praised by the teachers. Same thing with Melvin, who sadly (for all of us with week staminas and have asthma), has the ability to run a four minute mile. And no joke, he already had college scouts watching him at Track Meets in middle school.

Fortunately, I have Maylissa Hernandez, also my childhood friend/neighbor. We haven't talked much since the sixth (because of stupid school systems) but we would hang out after school everyday when we were at Belladier.

Next period is English. The minute I walked into Mrs. Einstein's room, I knew she was one of them. One wall was covered with galaxy wallpaper, complimented with signed posters of Luke Skywalker and Han Solo. The other corner has a wall clock in the form of the Death Star.

Rather than books, one shelf is dedicated to all Star Wars-related movies.  The student desks each have some sort of reference to the movie franchise, such as "May the Force be with you" quotes written on the side of the desks (isn't that vandalism?), or stickers of storm troopers and other characters. 

The ceiling also had stars with big figurine space ships dangling from it (and isn't that a hazard?). One of them was clearly Han Solo's ship. If this wasn't enough, her desk had bobble heads shaking their heads as if they're telling me to head back out the door and demand a schedule change from my counselor.  

And of course, as if today was a school entrance ceremony, Mrs. Einstein played the theme song. Thus, prompting the guys to sing along with their deep voices as if we were singing Wheels of the Bus on our field trip in 3rd grade all over again. 

6th Period wasn't so bad. The Art teacher, Ms. Jefferson, has a room filled with colors. Colors from unremovable paint stains, colors from paper mache, plastic flowers, and all over her outfit. For her First Day Impression, Jefferson wore a tie-dye shirt with splashes of bright yellow and dark red. With her camouflage capris, she wore black and blue diamond socks (school spirit!) underneath her green crocs. Well, they do say that artists express themselves in unique ways. Even if it's not always pleasant to the eyes. 

And the last period of this odd day, is World History with Mr. McDonald... and with him. But luckily, it's also with Finn (screams inside). Which is convenient because then we won't have to look around the crowded hallways calling out "Marco" or "Polo" to walk home together. 

"Okay peanuts! Get out your notebooks!" McDonald blares out. He gets up from his desk after taking attendance and jogs over to the back of the room, where the cupboards are. He opens the middle ones and delivers each one of us a thick textbook. "I want all of you read the first chapter to the fourth and write a summary tonight." 

And of course, the class responds with a whining groan. 

He stops for a moment and continues, "Oh come on! This should be just a review of what you learned in middle school. In college you don't get anything." 

*How were your fist day of school experiences?