Honestly... I'm Fine (Part 1)

(Update - June-5-2019: if this story gets 10k reads by the end of the year I will rewrite the whole thing (similar/same storyline but better writing lol)
---
Third Person POV

Let's get right into this stuff!

HEADS UP! Towards the end I do quote https://double--felix.tumblr.com/post/161096353924/show-us-ur-iahb-angst SO I'M JUST SAYING!

I think the song I put at the top has the feel to this part also (besides the ending to this part ;] ). Also because Phan XD

~~~~

Sherwin shivered at the coldness of the wind as he climbed up the hill. Luckily, Jonathan helped him carry the backpack with their camping equipment. It was only mid-September, but they decided to do a small camping trip together before October rolled around. It was sure to get packed with people with their spooky decorations on every tree in the town.

As they reached the top, Sherwin tripped over a wet spot in the grass, causing him to knock over the brown haired boy directly behind him. Jonathan quickly got up once he realized they were on top of each other.

"S-Sorry," Sherwin stuttered, hoping the other boy wasn't upset that he probably broke something inside the backpack Jonathan was carrying.

The moment Sherwin set down the little picnic basket he brought along, he immediately started climbing the nearby tree. As he climbed higher and higher, more pedals started to fall onto the ground.

"What are you even doing up there?" Jonathan called up, looking at the red haired boy in the pedal covered tree. Of course, Sherwin had a punch of twigs and pink pedals stuck in his hair.

Well, one of them wasn't a pedal. The 'pedal' flew down onto the picnic basket and took out a while case of graham crackers, eating one in a single gulp.

~~~~

Jonathan's POV

~~~~

"Slow down, Shirley. you're gonna hurt yourself from eating too fast!" I  said, grabbing the crackers out of the little heart's hand. I still had no clue what Shirley was besides a heart. Heck, I don't even know how a heart was out in the open like that in the first place. Maybe Sherwin should go see a doctor when we get back-

"Come on, Johnny! Get up here!" Sherwin called up to me. Ugh, why does he have to call me 'Johnny' like I'm a kid or something. Still, it's kind of adorable in a way. He also knew I hated climbing trees, but I still do it anyways.

The higher I got, the less stable the tree and branches became. Bad idea to look down, cause that made me even more scared than before. Sherwin looked down at me, no fear in his eyes. He reached down to try to pull me up, but fell off the branch he was on instead.

"OH MY GOD" He yelled, holding onto the tree. Some pedals fell from his hair and onto mine, my head now looking like a flower crown.

"Sherwin, you're not the only one scared out of their mind up here. Also, how do we get down?" I asked, climbing up to where he was holding onto the tree. I always wondered why he climber these giant trees if he knows he has a chance of falling from them.

"O-oh... about that... I usually jump out of the tree cause it's not a far drop. But this kinda is," He said, looking down at the ground below. It looked so far away, but it's a 30 foot drop on estimate. No way I'm jumping.

"I guess we're stuck up here. I don't think I should try climbing down yet..." Sherwin said, climbing onto one of the nearby stable branches. I gripped the branch Sherwin was on and stepped onto it, hoping it wouldn't break under pressure. We both sat down and saw a little heart with graham crackers fly up next to us. The heart tried to hug me, but Sherwin pulled it away. I liked the hear, but Sherwin never let me near it for some reason.