10- Mr. Hottie

I took a moment to catch my breath. The situation caught up to me, I looked over at him. This "Edmund" guy who was he anyway? Why did he just sit and watch while I took out those guys?

If I was him I would have just run.

"What?" he said when he realized I was looking at him. "You can't tell anyone about that," I said firmly. Women weren't exactly known for fighting people, and it was especially worse for me because of my color. Even though I would like to just stay and protest for women rights, I had a mission.

Messing up the past would probably not be the best for the present or the future anyway.

"But it was incredible! Why can't I say anything?" Edmund looked at me in awe.

I closed my eyes and took a breath, getting frustrated at my situation.

I just needed a moment to think clearly without looking into his dark blue eyes or hearing his smooth voice.

This guy needs to leave. He can't even know what I'm here for.

"Are you alright?" He asked with genuine worry in his eyes. I sighed and stood up to look at him "Why are you still here?"

"I don't have much to do, so why not?" There was a hint of amusement in his eyes. Why is he so cute? Wait, maybe he could take me to the museum! I don't really know the way from here and he probably knows the streets of London better than I do.

Did I just make an excuse for him to come along? I don't care, he will be an asset to the mission. A very cute asset to the mission.

"Do you know where the British Musuem is?" I asked. "Yes of course, but what's that there crawling in your pocket?" he looked slightly confused.

"Oh that's just Marshie." I said, taking Marshie gently out of my pockets and holding him up for Edmund to see.

Edmund took a step back eyeing me oddly for a second. He probably has seen the usual house and sewer rats everywhere. I let out a laugh, "He's not like other rats he's domestic." "Oh well I've seen many rats and they all seemed the same to me..." He smiled though and extended a hand to pat him on the head.

Marshie nuzzled his head into his hand. Edmund must be a good person for Marshie to do that. "He likes you!" I exclaimed. We both laughed and looked at Marshie who was happy to recieve the attention.

I passed Marshie onto Edmunds hands and asked,"So could you take me to the British Musuem?" "Of course, may I ask why?" He replied letting Marshie crawl along his forearm.

"Um I'm just curious about it," I stood up and looked at the outside of the building. Not a trace of the men, but just in case we needed to leave the area quickly.

"So which way?" I asked. This wouldn't be an issue if I had landed in the right place! "Here's the little guy," Edmund handed Marshie back and I put Marshie into my pocket again. "It's down that way, until we hit Eleanor Cross, we make a right and it shouldn't be long until we reach it."

We began to make are way down and I decide, since it'll take at least an hour and a half of walking to get to the musuem. I keep my eye out for any compromises and occasionally ask if we are on the correct route.

I didn't talk, I was focusing. Finally, I was getting somewhere. I need to think about how to get the artifact, there is obviously secruity so I would have to think about that as well.

Edmund spoke taking me out of my thoughts, "So, Ms. Jenkins I'm taking you somewhere but I don't know anything about you?"

"I am letting you take me somewhere and I don't know anything about you?" I laughed, thinking that maybe I got out of his question for now.

"Touché," He laughed continuing,"Well, I am actually the oldest of seven kids. I have four brothers and two sisters." Just thinking about having a family that big sounds so different to me, being an only child. "So, what about you" He asked. "Huh? Oh, I'm an only child," I said distractedly making sure that we were still in the right track.

"Oh, well I noticed you also speak... odd where are you from?"

"Not around here." I answer hastily.  I can't give him a direct answer because the U.S isn't exactly a thing yet. It was silent for the next hour until we finally came to Eleanor Cross.

We made a right turn and could see the musuem come into view. We were still a long way away though.

The sun was out of view now and there was only a small trace of light in the sky. I guessed that it was 8pm which wasn't late, but Edmund suddenly spoke, "Well you see, the musuem isn't exactly open right now."

I could've guessed as much.

"Alright well at least we are in the area so that we- I mean I can go tomorrow." I messed up, he can't know I secretly wanted him to come with me. I would have to sneak through secruity and I don't know if he's even done that before!

"Oh I'd love to come! That-" I was not going to allow it no one can know about my mission, it's top secret. "You can't," I said bluntly.

"Look I have to go find a place to stay for the night, thanks for bringing me here Edmund."
I started to walk away.

I only have 48 hours to recover the artifact now! Panic settled in.

"Clarissa, wait!" Edmunds voice called. My heart started to flutter, he said my name.

I smiled for a midsecond but it faded as I turned, but I didn't walk back over to him calling, "Yes?" "Will you be okay?" He asked looking at me with those eyes, they were filled with genuine worry. It left me wondering more about him.

I shook my head saying, "Of course, didn't you see what happened to those guys who tried to mug me?!" He laughed and nodded. I walked off to a local inn, not before I heard Edmund muttering under his breath,"Mug?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A beautiful gif of Edmund ;)

Do you guys think Clarissa will see Edmund again? Heheh this was a bit of a long chapter but now that you guys got a taste of his personality, we hope you guys like him very much.