Let This Pain Go Away...

AN: I am going to edit it :D Okay, now this is a long chapter for a long wait :) And hey, please listen to the video at the side while reading this chapter. Enjoy and may God bless you all :)

****************

When we meet someone and fall in love, we have a sense that the whole universe is on our side. And yet if something goes wrong, there is nothing left! How is it possible for the beauty that was there only minutes before to vanish so quickly? Life moves very fast. It rushes from heaven to hell in a matter of seconds.

~Paulo Coelho~

******

~Chapter 21 - Let This Pain Go Away~

**

Silence.

Out of all the things that could happen here in this car, silence was not I had fancied about. It was a torture, a big mental torture. Steven was driving the car silently and terribly slow, though the speedometer showed me a different story.

I wanted to break this silence. I didn't want it when I was already in a miserable state. It was suffocating me. I didn't even know why this silence was breeding between us. I had not done anything. Sadly, nothing had happened between us to call this uncomfortable silence. Yet here I was, sitting besides this handsome, intimidating guy, fiddling with my fingers in my lap.

Several times with a determination to break this silence, I looked up at Steven, but I failed to utter a word, let alone chat. I wasn't bold enough to forget all the feelings that erupted every time I was with him and act casually as if we were just friends. Well, we were just friends, but I didn't want it to remain that way forever. And if I wanted that change, I needed to confess my feelings, but was that so simple? What if he didn't want me the way I wanted him? Would I be able to let him go? Steven's silence was airing all these doubts.

The tension was growing thicker and thicker as the clock ticked. There was a thin string which was pulling us to our limit of tolerance, until we burst out. The consequences, I didn't know and I didn't want to even think about it.

I peered out of the window, watching the trees zoom in and out. Everything suddenly seemed interesting, even the deadly forest, which I disliked. The trees, the sky, the road, everything was interesting except the boy or what should I call him, almost-man? Though Steven seemed of my age, I couldn't describe him as a boy. He walked, talked with ease like a matured man, which most of the teenagers of our age didn't have. But these details didn't matter. The only thing that mattered was he was hot and I loved him.

I glanced at Steven, which I might add here, I did frequently like after every two minutes ever since we left the school campus. He had his eyes fixed on the road ahead as if that was the sexiest thing to look at. I would not deny that it hurt my ego. During this entire drive till now, he had not given me a single look. He was focusing hard on his driving, like a good citizen he was. Of course it was not a bad thing to be careful while driving; however it took all the romanticism out of the situation.

Romanticism?

What was I thinking? I agree, silence must have been most romantic for other couples, but for me it was a least ideal word to describe romance. Be in my shoes and feel it.

Candidly, I think this was actually a romantic moment. We were alone in his car. It wasn't the first time we were alone together, but latest events had certainly brought our unnamed relation on the edge, being balanced at a tip of a pointer.

I wanted him to talk to me, say something. Anything could work -weather, sports or any stupidest thing that could break this silence. But Steven was not likely to make a move and I was far away from opening my mouth without jumbling the words in a sentence like Jedi Master Yoda from Star Wars. I was never an insecure person, but Steven brought all those anti-socialistic throes in me. The almost-man boy was addling my brain.