Chapter 3

I tossed and turned, trying to find a comfortable position. I turned my head, glancing at the clock. 1:37, it read.

Kore o nejikomu, I thought, hopping out of bed.

I stumbled down the narrow hallway, vigorously rubbing my eyes. My eyesight was terrible, so I hoped to God I didn't fall flat on my face. I turned the knob to the third door on the left slowly, searching for the old crib. Finally, I spotted it.

"There you are," I whispered softly, walking up to the crib.

Nothing. I was confused, until I heard the shower water turn on. I walked back out and headed toward the bathroom door, knocking against the hard wood gently. I knew my father wasn't taking a shower at this time. After a few seconds, Daddy came to the door, a red bundle in hand. He held a finger up to his lips, gesturing for me to be quiet.

"He got cold," he whispered, referring to the young chimpanzee in his hands.

I nodded, carefully moving the blanket to look at the baby sleeping peacefully. It was a cute sight, but I refused to wake him up by squealing or fangirling.

"You should go back to bed, Mandy," Daddy stated gently.

I looked at him, shaking my head stubbornly.

"Amanda." He stated again sharply. "Go to bed."

"Fine," I said. "Jesus."

"Night, Mandy," He called softly.

"Goodnight, Daddy." I called back.

"Goodnight, Caesar."

A/N:
K, so I hope you liked it, I'm so sorry I didn't update last week!! I will make it up to you by posting another chapter this week. Love you guys!

                                      -C