Chapter 4

My eyes fluttered open for the second time that morning. I sat up, putting my glasses on and sliding out of bed. Also for the second time, I lumped down the hallway to see if Caesar was in his new room. He was sleeping peacefully, so I decided not to disturb him, and walked to Daddy's room. I opened the door, expecting him to resting in bed. Instead, he was up, putting on a button-down shirt for work.
"Daddy-" I stared in him in shock.

"Already up, Mands," He said, kissing the top of my head.

"Okayyy." I said, turning to walk out.

"Oh, Mandy!" He called after me.

"Yes, Daddy?" I asked, turning back around to face him.

"Will you get Caesar, please? I just need you to wake him up and take him downstairs, I'll feed him."

"Okay,"

I squealed inside at the thought of taking care of Caesar. He was already like a little baby brother. A very cute one, in fact. I walked back to Caesar's room. This time, he was up, making sounds in his crib.

"Up you go," I said.

He squealed, looking up at me with his beautiful green eyes. He clung to my finger as I held him. I smiled and walked back to my room, prepared to start the day. I placed Caesar on the bed and walked over to  my closet.

"What should I wear today, Caesar?"

I placed a bunch of mixed clothing on my bed, gesturing to Caesar to pick one. He pointed to a gray Beatles shirt and gray sweatpants (yaass Caesar knows what girls want 😂), so that's what I ended up wearing.

I was a little surprised, considering Caesar was only a few days old, but I dealt with it

"Okay, ready Caesar?"

I picked him up and carried him downstairs, where Daddy and Grandpa were getting ready. I put Caesar in a chair and got out the toaster.

"Where's my car keys?" Grandpa asked Daddy.

I looked up at him.

"My car keys, where'd you put 'em?" Grandpa asked again, getting irritated.

"Dad, you uh...you don't drive anymore." Dad muttered, scratching the back of his head. I looked between them both sadly.

"I know that," Grandpa mumbled.

"Here...why don't you feed him?" Dad asked, gesturing to Caesar. "Can you do that?"

Grandpa nodded. "Of course I can."

Before he could reach out to put the bottle in Caesar's mouth, Caesar had already grabbed it and was gulping it down like he hadn't eaten in days.

"Will!" Grandpa exclaimed. "Look at this! How old is he? Like, a day old, two days old?"

"Yeah..." Dad said.

I watched as Caesar burped his cute little baby chimpanzee burp and placed the bottle back on the table.

"You're a smart little guy, aren't ya?" I asked, rubbing his cheek. "You won't go getting yourself into any trouble."

A/N: Ok, sorry! I was rewatching the movie to hear the script but then my dad came in and started watching it with me and I didn't feel like explaining why I was on my laptop while watching the movie on TV, so here I am, and I know it's Sunday but I'm posting another chapter WHILE YOU READ THIS!!