Chapter 8

Warning: Self harm, if you are a recovering member, are easily triggered, or have a weak stomach, I highly suggest that you don't read.

So. Now I'm 16, in 12th grade. And, I just got some of what other people may think is good news.

      After getting home from school, I slung my backpack over the couch.

"Hello?" I called. No reply. Guess nobody was home.

I walked upstairs to the bathroom, shutting the door behind me. I glanced at the towel, which I kept my bloody razor blade. I locked the door and pulled the blade out from under the towel.

I pulled my hoodie sleeve up and dragged the blade across my arm, immediately drawing blood. One, for being a freak. I slid the blade across my wrist again, the lines of blood running down my pale arm. Two, for falling for the same things and people over and over again. I sat down on the hard, cold tile floor and cut into my arm again. Three.

"For having this stupid bipolar disorder," I reminded myself.

As I was about to slit my wrist again, I heard the downstairs door. I cursed and slid the blade back under the towel. I quickly rinsed my arm off scrubbing the blood from the first cut, which had dried.

"Mandy? We're home!" I heard my father call.

I pulled my sleeve down and yanked open the bathroom door.

"Hey!" I said.

Caesar gently crawled into my arms, looking sad. "How was the Redwoods, bud?" He didn't reply, and just sat playing with my hoodie strings. I raised an eyebrow at my father, who avoided my eyes.

---------------------------

Later that night, I was going out to get the mail when I noticed an envelope hanging out. It had my name on it. I took it slowly and ran back into the house, up to my room.

I ripped open the envelope, scanning it slowly. I got to the note part and read it.

To the Rodman Family,

        We have received Amanda Rodman's PSAT results, in which she scored an almost perfect 2350, as you know. Amanda is an incredibly gifted young lady, has continued to impress us for almost all of her lifetime. It is a pleasure to inform you that Amanda has received a full scholarship to Penn State University. Penn State University Scholars receive a fully pre-paid tuition for all four years that they attend our University.
         Please note that Amanda must be enrolled full-time and attain a grade point average of at least 2.5. Also, please visit our website for any additional information regarding attending our University.
         Please accept our sincere congratulations on your selection for this great honor. We genuinely look forward to your joining the Penn State University community.

What. The. Heck. Just. Happened?

A/N: Comment what you guys thought of the chapter. I hope you enjoyed it.