Chapter 36

When he opened his eyes, they were outside a small cabin in a different mountainous area. The trees were taller and denser. The air had a crisp-coolness to it and instead of a setting sun, like he had last seen outside of the Agency building, the sun was high as if it was mid-day.

"Where are we?" he asked as they walked hand in hand, on to a covered porch and to the front door of the cabin. The dark blonde wood was perfectly even and the curtained windows sat evenly in their black, iron frames. He was not one bit surprised when the door was unlocked as Emma led them in.

"I don't know," she said. "I think it's possible that I just made this out of nothingness."

He accepted her answer. The front room looked as if it came out of a perfectly designed Home and Garden photo layout. There was a fireplace with a small fire, two couches with perfect white covers and pillows strewn about.

They walked through the room and she led opened another even and perfect cabin door that led into a bedroom with a king-sized bed and layers of tremendous blankets. She tumbled on to the bed and pulled him on with her.

As they shed their clothes it occurred to him that he might be dead, this could be his mind creating a last, wonderful memory. He mentally shrugged and decided to enjoy every last second of it.