Chapter 2

*Ally's POV*

I pull into Lynn's driveway. As soon as I ring the doorbell, she answers the door. I see Carter sitting on the couch in the living room. His head shoots up when he sees me. But I just notice one thing about Lynn right away.

"OH MY GOD. YOU GOT YOUR BRACES OFF." I blurt out.

"Haha yeah. I got them off like a day or two before we left. It takes some adjusting, but it feels good to have them off!" she said smiling.

"I missed you so much!!" I hugged her.

"I missed you way more, that's a fact. Come on, let's go to my room." As she said that, Carter's head shot up from his phone and he walks in front of me.

While we walk upstairs, I'm thinking.. Did he tell her yet? I hope so, it's going to be really awkward if he didn't. I'll just ask him if he did, because I don't wanna say anything if he didn't.

We get into her room and she shuts the door behind us. Carter looks at me, come towards me and gives me a hug. "Hey ally." Mmm. He smells so good. Yeah, I've had a crush on him ever since Lynn left.

"Hey.. Can I ask you something in the hall?" I say breaking our hug.

"Uhh.. Sure.." He says and looks at Lynn for her approval. She nods. So, we walk in the hall and he shuts the door behind him.

"Did you tell her yet?"

"No.. I don't know if I can.."

"You have to. If you don't she will be mad you didn't tell her. Trust me. I know her." I say whispering.

"Okay, I will. Right now." He opens the door. Uh-Oh. What have I done?

*Lynns POV*

Carter shuts the door behind him. What's going on? Are they like...Dating? Ally knows I like him. I mean I wouldn't be that mad but, I would be disappointed I guess. I think Ally likes him too though, I can tell. But who knows, a lot might of changed since I left.

I pick up my phone and open the messages app. None. Wow, what a loner I am.. What are they doing and why is it taking them so long? They 'just needed to talk'. I take off my sweatshirt, to reveal my black 'TWERK' crop top. It went really good with my white high waisted shorts, too. Then, they finally walk in.

"You guys okay?" I ask. They both look nervous and like they have to tell me something.

"Yeah!" Carter says sitting next to me on my bed and puts his arm around me again, "I just need to tell you some thing.." His voice cracked when he said tell.

I laugh a little then, my stomach drops,"Are you two...da-"

"NO." They both cut me off.

"Oh okay. Then what is it?" I look into his brown eyes.

"Well, um, I've been thinking a lot about you since you left. I like you. Um, HAVE liked you. A lot.."

"For how long?" I answer, looking up at him. Is he serious? CARTER FRICKING REYNOLDS LIKES. ME. WHAT THE FUDGE DO I DOOOO?

"A while, I've been wanting to tell you for a long time. But, I didn't know how. So Ally and I have been hanging out a lot and she's helped me with it." He looks at Ally and smiles.

"Oh..uh..thanks." I say blushing a little. Am I supposed to tell him I like him back?! What do I do? Will Ally be mad, because I know she likes him too! I can tell she's shocked. That's rude if I don't tell him though..

"I like you." I blurt out. Ally's head snaps back up and looks at me like she's either going to kill me or cry. Now, she's in complete shock.

*Ally's POV*

"I like you." Lynn says.

What do I do? My best friend and my crush like each other. I guess I let it happen and told Carter to tell her, though. I should be happy for them.

I just awkwardly sit on Lynn's beanbag while they talk. We all used to be the three musketeers, do everything together, tell everything to each other, but now it's all going to change. I'm going to be the third wheel. I mean, what did I think would happen after he told her?

"I like you, too, Carter." I almost yelled, about to cry. Then, I run out of Lynn's room and into my car.

I think I just ruined everything for her and myself. They both come after me with worried looks on their faces, but Carter's is more confused. What did I just do?! I think I'm just going to need a break.